Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
buckass936
Rep
Drives: RS5

ETA for Baltimore is 9/17. My RS5 replacement is on it - MW/full SO 6MT M3. Anyone else? My CA is saying that Baltimore VDC's turnaround is awful right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3, 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckass936
ETA for Baltimore is 9/17. My RS5 replacement is on it - MW/full SO 6MT M3. Anyone else? My CA is saying that Baltimore VDC's turnaround is awful right now.
Me too!
Same everything!!
MW
SO
M3
HK stereo
LED
6mt
19" silver
Exec
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

How do we know if it unloads in MD vs SC? And how bad could the turnaround be?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyawesome View Post
W&W website lists Savannah as its next port of call after Baltimore. Southampton must be crowded this morning. Both Tamesis and Independence II have been circling around for hours.

I experienced a week+ wait at Baltimore VDC when I ordered an AMG several years back. CA seemed to think 1 to 2 weeks is the norm right now...brutal. Just missing out on the additional $500 credit would be a bummer at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyawesome View Post
W&W website lists Savannah as its next port of call after Baltimore. Southampton must be crowded this morning. Both Tamesis and Independence II have been circling around for hours.

I experienced a week+ wait at Baltimore VDC when I ordered an AMG several years back. CA seemed to think 1 to 2 weeks is the norm right now...brutal. Just missing out on the additional $500 credit would be a bummer at this point.
I've gotten exceedingly used to waiting in this process. My week 32 build will be at my dealer week 42... The $500 credit is nice, but their advertised rates of over 3% they accompany that incentive are close to double the best rate on the open market. It's wash either way ...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
buckass936
Rep

It can be used on a cash deal according to others.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
buckass936
Rep

Presently unloading in Baltimore. Fingers crossed that VPC process is days, not weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
BurnMeWallet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 on it's way

You can lock in the innovative credit up to 60 days also after september30th. Just take delivery by nov 30th.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
Nicvilla
Rep
Drives: Future m4

How do you know your car is there?
I returned my car august 5th and still waiting
Please i need advice, i cant wait !
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicvilla View Post
How do you know your car is there?
I returned my car august 5th and still waiting
Please i need advice, i cant wait !
Enter your VIN in the Cargo ID field:

https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Presently unloading in Baltimore. Fingers crossed that VPC process is days, not weeks.
Did it look like it entered port to unload? To me it looks like it's been stuck on a mooring buoy on the East end of the channel waiting in line for a nearly a full day. I never saw it enter the docks...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #12
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdyawesome
Quote:
Did it look like it entered port to unload? To me it looks like it's been stuck on a mooring buoy on the East end of the channel waiting in line for a nearly a full day. I never saw it enter the docks...
Any chance it dropped off Land Rovers and Jaguars today? It was outside their terminal all day. The BMW/MB pier is farther west next to the toll plaza.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #13
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any chance it dropped off Land Rovers and Jaguars today? It was outside their terminal all day. The BMW/MB pier is farther west next to the toll plaza.
Could be. It did stop in England... But when looking at the vessel course history it looks like it went right to the mooring buoy and has drifted around that position for around 36hrs. Not sure that it has unloaded anything. Hope I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Check out the article on the forum homepage. Appears as tho our cars are being processed at a brand new vdc. It's located right where Tamesis is moored. Rejoice!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Check out the article on the forum homepage. Appears as tho our cars are being processed at a brand new vdc. It's located right where Tamesis is moored. Rejoice!
Just noticed that too. Wonder if one of those two in the photo is my MW M3. This also explains why Tamesis was at the "wrong" pier all day yesterday. My car was already released to carrier. God bless the new VDC.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #16
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just noticed that too. Wonder if one of those two in the photo is my MW M3. This also explains why Tamesis was at the "wrong" pier all day yesterday. My car was already released to carrier. God bless the new VDC.
Wow that's awesome. Congrats! I too was wondering if that MW F80 was mine in the picture. My car is scheduled to leave the VDC on 9/21. Hopefully it leaves early like yours did! What state are you in?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #17
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow that's awesome. Congrats! I too was wondering if that MW F80 was mine in the picture. My car is scheduled to leave the VDC on 9/21. Hopefully it leaves early like yours did! What state are you in?
I take delivery tomorrow morning at 11 AM in DE. Somehow this whole process worked seamlessly for me (fingers still crossed about tomorrow). Thank you, BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I take delivery tomorrow morning at 11 AM in DE. Somehow this whole process worked seamlessly for me (fingers still crossed about tomorrow). Thank you, BMW.
Congrats. Glad it worked out well for someone. I was told last Friday that my car was departing from the vdc on 9/21 (yesterday) and would arrive on 9/23. My CA then emails me an update saying it's now scheduled to depart 10/1 and arrive 10/3. Almost 2 more weeks!!?? Needless to say, I'm livid. Sold my car, now have to rent a car. Here I scoffed at your concerns over vdc vehicle delays- and what to you know!... I know it's a small setback in the grand scheme of things, but try saying that to my face right now...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #19
buckass936
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats. Glad it worked out well for someone. I was told last Friday that my car was departing from the vdc on 9/21 (yesterday) and would arrive on 9/23. My CA then emails me an update saying it's now scheduled to depart 10/1 and arrive 10/3. Almost 2 more weeks!!?? Needless to say, I'm livid. Sold my car, now have to rent a car. Here I scoffed at your concerns over vdc vehicle delays- and what to you know!... I know it's a small setback in the grand scheme of things, but try saying that to my face right now...
Sorry to hear that. Did they inform you of any damage?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Did they inform you of any damage?
They said nothing showed in their system and that damage was unlikely because they "would have known about it by now". Who knows... Par for the course so far!
Appreciate 0