Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Financing without BMWFS for ED

Tried to search for a thread that addressed this issue but no luck.

My dealer is saying that I have to submit a credit application with BMW even if I were to do my own financing for my ED purchase. This is in advance of any loan application near the 2-week period prior to the delivery in Munich. Is this necessary?

I realized quickly that doing ED poses a problem due to my local bank financing a car that technically won't be delivered until a future date. For those of you who financed your cars for ED, what is the detailed process that you went through?

...and now for the obligatory photo! Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by Doctor///M; 09-02-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Fifth Echelon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Mine is financed through the credit union. Didn't really have any problems with it - I informed the loan officer about the delivery timeline. In fact, my M4 only just made it onto a boat in Bremerhaven but I received my Texas registration sticker and license plates two weeks ago.
Past: 2005 Mercedes SLK350 6MT | Silver/Blue
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Not true, you have to pay them I think 10 or 7 days before your departure. Forum please correct me if I am wrong, but you can use whatever bank you would like. The issue is most want title ASAP, which EU means it may be a few months before things show up. I would just use whatever bank and make sure you ask if 2-3 months is enough time before they start demanding documents and that your doing EU delivery. I would suggest PenFed or USAA bank or a similar.

I had no issues with mine, stated had my own finances in order and just walked in with a check. Shouldn't have any issues. They will ask for your SSN/Passports for EU delivery/paperwork purpose.

Good luck, DRIVE the Alps
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
You can finance with any third party (bank or credit union) or captive BMW FS.
The only thing I can think of is the dealership wants your finance business or they want to make sure you get the funding timing correct.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Echelon View Post
Mine is financed through the credit union. Didn't really have any problems with it - I informed the loan officer about the delivery timeline. In fact, my M4 only just made it onto a boat in Bremerhaven but I received my Texas registration sticker and license plates two weeks ago.
which CU did you use? PM me if you don't mind sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Not true, you have to pay them I think 10 or 7 days before your departure. Forum please correct me if I am wrong, but you can use whatever bank you would like. The issue is most want title ASAP, which EU means it may be a few months before things show up. I would just use whatever bank and make sure you ask if 2-3 months is enough time before they start demanding documents and that your doing EU delivery. I would suggest PenFed or USAA bank or a similar.

I had no issues with mine, stated had my own finances in order and just walked in with a check. Shouldn't have any issues. They will ask for your SSN/Passports for EU delivery/paperwork purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
The only thing I can think of is the dealership wants your finance business or they want to make sure you get the funding timing correct.
I know I can finance on my own, but for all you guys, did your sales associate ask for a credit application with BMW?

Here is some of the info I received from mine, and I'm paraphrasing here:

" Even if you do financing with someone else you still need to do a credit application with us. In order for us to give you a contract with all numbers to use your financing company, we need to get you approved. Closer to your delivery date, we will print out an option contract which will give you 5 business days to take it to the bank you wish to work with."
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
PenFed! Great rates and they had no issues with ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Hymiet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by notan///m
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I know I can finance on my own, but for all you guys, did your sales associate ask for a credit application with BMW?

" Even if you do financing with someone else you still need to do a credit application with us. In order for us to give you a contract with all numbers to use your financing company, we need to get you approved. Closer to your delivery date, we will print out an option contract which will give you 5 business days to take it to the bank you wish to work with."
That's a bunch of bs. They are hoping they can flip you. There is money to be made in the interest rate margin.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notan///m View Post

Agreed its BS, there is no reason they need it. However, they could also think you may not be able to afford it and want to make sure your not wasting time. Did you give them a deposit? Sometimes it shows good faith.

If your already pre-approved, you could just ask your bank to give you a notice that you are for X amount.

An the line of " contract and numbers for your financing" is BS, on the Bill of Sale, they have to input lien holder information and you provide that to them per your banks instructions.

It also could just be local policy to approve everyone via BMW FS. Yeah you will take a hit via an inquiry on your credit score, but you don't have to use them. Again might try to flip or work for your business. Never know they could beat your CU rate
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notan///m
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No credit application.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

My CA recommended BMWFS because otherwise, I would have to start payments earlier. He said most people do that, then refinance when they take delivery of the car. Sounds good to me, since my bank is offering 1.9%
      09-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclowd9901
My CA recommended BMWFS because otherwise, I would have to start payments earlier. He said most people do that, then refinance when they take delivery of the car. Sounds good to me, since my bank is offering 1.9%
Thanks. I think this is the biggest consideration.
Appreciate 0