BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

08-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

Source For Bamboo Beige Novillo Leather Material

Hello all,
I am looking to send Recaro some Bamboo Beige Novillo Leather, to custom wrap the seats. They contacted BMW, but their BMW contact only sells pre fabbed replacement leather pieces, and not just the hide material.

I am looking to have them wrap a pair of pole position seats in Bamboo Beige Novillo Leather to match the rest of my interior. Does anyone one know where or how I could obtain a hide of this leather? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Snail
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Have you tried Tischer/getbmwparts.com ?

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

No I haven't. Let me go check to see if they can source it.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

IND probably can also source the material, if not something exactly like it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Fog. I have contacted a vendor I use that has a good relationship with IND. He is going to see if they can source the leather. I checked GetBMWparts.com, but they just have the leather prefabbed tidbits. I will give them a call Monday morning, to see if they can source the raw material aswell. Thanks for the feedback fellas, and if anyone else has a lead, please let me know.

Thanks, Snail
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 05:09 AM   #6
3209X
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3

bump. would like to know this
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

If you can't find anything here in the states, try these guys in the UK. I got Bamboo Biege leather dye from them that is a 100%perfect match. They do a lot of restoration work and could likely provide the leather to match.

https://bespokeleathering.com/

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #8
smithl3
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
If you can't find anything here in the states, try these guys in the UK. I got Bamboo Biege leather dye from them that is a 100%perfect match. They do a lot of restoration work and could likely provide the leather to match.

What type off product did you end up getting from them. Was it similar to shoe polish that you rub on and let dry? I have heard people having to airbrush this on and I don't have those tools...

Any help would be appreciated, I have some spots on my drivers seat, and a water mark on the passengers seat that I would like to take care of.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #9
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithl3 View Post
Quote:

What type off product did you end up getting from them. Was it similar to shoe polish that you rub on and let dry? I have heard people having to airbrush this on and I don't have those tools...

Any help would be appreciated, I have some spots on my drivers seat, and a water mark on the passengers seat that I would like to take care of.

Thanks!
I have airbrushed it, but have had just as good of results using a a piece of foam or a makeup sponge. Make sure the area is very clean and dab it on in 2 or 3 light coats allowing it to dry for 10 or 15 minutes in between coats. You can use a heat gun or hair dryer to speed up drying time. Don't wipe it on in a stoking motion, dab it on.

With the Bespoke dye there is no need for a topcoat. It has lasted very well and is very resistant to wear. Best I have used and outstanding match.

I would suggest doing a complete Leatherique treatment before touching up the dye. If the leather is not clean all over, it won't match right due to the discoloration of the rest of the seat from not being fully clean.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 1
smithl312.00
      12-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #10
smithl3
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 e93

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithl3 View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
I have airbrushed it, but have had just as good of results using a a piece of foam or a makeup sponge. Make sure the area is very clean and dab it on in 2 or 3 light coats allowing it to dry for 10 or 15 minutes in between coats. You can use a heat gun or hair dryer to speed up drying time. Don't wipe it on in a stoking motion, dab it on.

With the Bespoke dye there is no need for a topcoat. It has lasted very well and is very resistant to wear. Best I have used and outstanding match.

I would suggest doing a complete Leatherique treatment before touching up the dye. If the leather is not clean all over, it won't match right due to the discoloration of the rest of the seat from not being fully clean.
I appreciate the info, thanks for the tips! I ordered the small container from them today. It's coming across the pond so not sure when that will show up, but looking forward to trying it.
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00