ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
bambooi
Rep
Drives: evos

M3 Supply & Demand / Incentives

Is the demand always high on the m3? I haven't followed many cars at launch so this is my first time. I went to the dealership yesterday and they would only do ED delivery off the base price off the car(not options) and they had no allocations. I've seen people get deals of ED Invoice + 2k. I'm not in a rush to get one so I won't mind waiting to go to Europe in December or January. I'm hoping there will be incentives in December. Since the car just came out in July, most new cars have this hold off on moving on prices until supply exceeds demand. Any thoughts on this car and December incentives?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
mikeyr0x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 x5, 22 m550

My CA mentioned to me that there may be incentives from bmw in Qtr4 2014.
pics
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
Tomtomdrive
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Vert, F80 ordered 8/15/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr0x
My CA mentioned to me that there may be incentives from bmw in Qtr4 2014.
I heard from my CA that BMW will be ramping up production in October so we should see some incentive by the end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooi View Post
Is the demand always high on the m3? I haven't followed many cars at launch so this is my first time. I went to the dealership yesterday and they would only do ED delivery off the base price off the car(not options) and they had no allocations. I've seen people get deals of ED Invoice + 2k. I'm not in a rush to get one so I won't mind waiting to go to Europe in December or January. I'm hoping there will be incentives in December. Since the car just came out in July, most new cars have this hold off on moving on prices until supply exceeds demand. Any thoughts on this car and December incentives?
Just a head's up: as early as November, many countries require you to utilize all season tires (and even chain up). You can rent them during your trip but they tack on about 30 euros a day. Or you can do what I'm doing and avoid those countries and make sure to avoid nasty weather.
      08-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
bambooi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclowd9901 View Post
Just a head's up: as early as November, many countries require you to utilize all season tires (and even chain up). You can rent them during your trip but they tack on about 30 euros a day. Or you can do what I'm doing and avoid those countries and make sure to avoid nasty weather.
I've read that. What countries are you avoiding?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
I've read that. What countries are you avoiding?
All of that info is here
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
racsos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

I will be picking up in Germany around the 18th of october. I checked the weather in germany and it says that the weather is in the 13 degrees celsius and 7degrees celsius at night. This does not seem like dangerous snow weather to me? Maybe toward the end of november where it is close to 1 degree celsius? Not really sure if its needed
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsos View Post
I will be picking up in Germany around the 18th of october. I checked the weather in germany and it says that the weather is in the 13 degrees celsius and 7degrees celsius at night. This does not seem like dangerous snow weather to me? Maybe toward the end of november where it is close to 1 degree celsius? Not really sure if its needed
The bottom line is there is no way to tell and no guarantees, especially in the mountains. Also Germany requires the tires - I'm not sure if the Welt will let you leave or not, but if you don't get the tires and plan on driving mountain passes ... good luck.

If you want a decent approximation you can check Wiki for the cities you expect to go to and it'll tell you the average percip, temp, et al.

Personally I wouldn't risk it - we're delivering just before the 15th and I plan to high-tail it through Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and head for the riveria. It's the only reasonable thing to do
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #9
racsos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
The bottom line is there is no way to tell and no guarantees, especially in the mountains. Also Germany requires the tires - I'm not sure if the Welt will let you leave or not, but if you don't get the tires and plan on driving mountain passes ... good luck.

If you want a decent approximation you can check Wiki for the cities you expect to go to and it'll tell you the average percip, temp, et al.

Personally I wouldn't risk it - we're delivering just before the 15th and I plan to high-tail it through Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and head for the riveria. It's the only reasonable thing to do

thanks for the advice. I need to start planning this trip out for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks for the advice. I need to start planning this trip out for sure.
Basically I plan to do the pick up and then head to Zurich same day, overnight, Milan, overnight, and then on to Nice and up the Route Napoleon. In October there should be some awesome driving there and you avoid the problems with snow tires (unless you head too far east.

If it's open and not snowy, I'm going to try Zurich->Milan via the Furka pass ... maybe stop and see the glacier and take pictures by the James Bond stuff like the Belvedere hotel, etc

You could easily do Italy: Florence, Venice, Modena, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Bellagio, et al
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
bambooi
Rep

Gruss how long are you going for? I assume you will be getting allseason rental tires?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #12
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Germany and most of the area under 5000 feet should be fine, but if you start going into the elevations, it's probably hit or miss. I will probably be taking all season tires into switzerland, then switching back to the regular wheels when I head to the Czech Republic and on.
      08-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
bambooi
Rep

How long are you going for dclowd?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #14
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Gruss how long are you going for? I assume you will be getting allseason rental tires?
No, I don't plan on renting the tires ... current plan is to pick up in Munich and then head straight for Zurich, overnight, head to Milan. By that point I will be safely out of snow territory. From there we plan to meander west and north to Paris where I'll drop off.

If there's a crazy weather event my back up plans are:

(1.) Change routes - we'll head straight west to France or north to the Benelux

(2.) Rent the wheels/tires - extra bucks but saves tire wear plus now we can drive snowy roads!

(3.) worst, worst case just leave the car at the Welt and take trains (or rent a bimmer snow machine!), although I only consider this a 1% possibility but, hey, crazy things happen. I have found when travelling expect your nice well-planned schedule to get screwed up.

Once our well-planned 10 day Euro trip was derailed on day 1 by a union blockade at the Belgian border forcing us to drop off our car 3 hours after we'd gotten it and take a flight out of Maastricht. It's all part of the adventure!

Last edited by GrussGott; 08-17-2014 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0