E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > spacesaver spare yet?

08-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #23
LarryK1000
Larry from Los Angeles
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Yes, the spacesaver being sold by LeatherZ includes the tire, wheel and a custom cover for the trunk. Pretty nifty, although expensive.

Larry
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 10:38 PM   #24
AndyMaddux
Rep
Drives: 2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
No spacesaver yet.

Someone here ordered the LeatherZ one and had to send it back.
In 3 years of selling the Space Saver Spare Kits, I have never once had anyone tell me the spare did not fit their BMW. Also, no one has ever returned one in that time.

I have offered to send a Spare Tire Kit to 3 different e90 330 owners at my cost to put this issue to bed. All three did not want to take me up on my offer. I have had an open invitation to anyone with a 330 to stop by and I will fit the spare to their car.

To close this issue once and for all, anyone with a 330 that is interested in a spare kit from me, I will send one to you at no cost to you. You fit it to your car, take pictures of it on your car and either
1. send it back to me (at my cost) or
2. keep it. We will split the shipping cost and you pay my cost (not retail, just what I have in the kit) for the kit.

If I send you the kit and never hear back from you, I will charge you full price and full shipping on the spare. I see this as perfectly fair. Anyone in Cincinnati that wants to drop by, can keep the spare for free. Anyone that wants to take me up on this offer can feel free to contact me directly.

I still have no reason to believe the spare will not fit the 330.

AndyM
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #25
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista
I don't know the fix-a-flat, but the mobility kit is a combo of a compressor and liquid patch system which allows for tempory patching and re-inflating of the flat tire to enable to geet to a garage to put a more permanent patch on.
bought my orig bmw mobility kit for about 100 us dollars fits nicely into the rear left boot tray compartment behind the first aid kit.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #26
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMaddux
In 3 years of selling the Space Saver Spare Kits, I have never once had anyone tell me the spare did not fit their BMW. Also, no one has ever returned one in that time.

I have offered to send a Spare Tire Kit to 3 different e90 330 owners at my cost to put this issue to bed. All three did not want to take me up on my offer. I have had an open invitation to anyone with a 330 to stop by and I will fit the spare to their car.

To close this issue once and for all, anyone with a 330 that is interested in a spare kit from me, I will send one to you at no cost to you. You fit it to your car, take pictures of it on your car and either
1. send it back to me (at my cost) or
2. keep it. We will split the shipping cost and you pay my cost (not retail, just what I have in the kit) for the kit.

If I send you the kit and never hear back from you, I will charge you full price and full shipping on the spare. I see this as perfectly fair. Anyone in Cincinnati that wants to drop by, can keep the spare for free. Anyone that wants to take me up on this offer can feel free to contact me directly.

I still have no reason to believe the spare will not fit the 330.

AndyM
Only posting what I had read in the early days here. Admittedly, I cannot find the original post, but I did find references to it.

Anyway, hope it fits.

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #27
LarryK1000
Larry from Los Angeles
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I am one of the people who emailed Andy and to whom he made the offer he refers to above.

He's a great guy.

The reason I have not done anything is that I am still waiting for a call back from BMW to tell me whether they will change my tires to non-RFT or will modify my Lease to allow me to return the car with regular tires and not get a penalty.

Once I know what they are going to do for me, I'll decide on the spacesaver tire.

But, there has GOT to be someone in the Cincinnati area who wants to finally put to rest this spacesaver fitting issue. Andy is being most generous and, I must say, it's refreshing to find a businessman who is willing to put his money where his mouth is. He's willing to send someone a free tire to try out. So, even if you're outside Ohio, you can do this.

I think that once we all know a spacesaver exists, a lot of folks are going to opt for the regular tires on their cars.

Based upon Andy's offers, there really is no question in my mind that his tire will fit both the Sport and NON-Sport 330's.

So, I, for one, don't need anyone to verify this. If I change out the tires for non-run flats, I intend to just order my spacesaver from Andy.

That's my opinion.

Larry in Los Angeles
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 10:54 AM   #28
rkg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

I will ping Andy and try this out. I live in Seattle but really want to rid myself of these run-flats.

Side note, do not go to Costco to buy your tires ... they will only sell you run-flats since your car already has them. Their policy will not allow a tire change unless your bring the tires off the car. However, you will then have no Costco warranty, rotations, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #29
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Why

why is everyone worrying about a freakin spare tire?

just log on to TireRack.com and get a cheap rim and a reg tire for the E90, plus it'll only cost around $200....so simple
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #30
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
why is everyone worrying about a freakin spare tire?

just log on to TireRack.com and get a cheap rim and a reg tire for the E90, plus it'll only cost around $200....so simple
I can't either. I have a set of run-flats but I decided to spend $250 on TireRack and got a 225/40 R18 Tire and Rim for the car. I just had a flat over the weekend, the run-flat took me back home to change the to the spare. I do not leave in the booth because of the space it takes, but the spare is good enough for eevryday driving. Hopefully I will change back to the repaired tire this weekend
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #31
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep
Drives: 07 335i SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevE90zsp

I tend to bring this same subject up once every so often. The subject of spacesaver spare. I don't hear members complain about the lack of one nearly as much as i'd expect.

I'm just trying to spark more interest in the search for a spacesaver. Seems like the ideal solution until runflats deserve to become the standard.
I have never had a flat in the 20+ years of driving and over 1million mile on all kinds of roads..

anymore with todays tech/ and cell phones, and roadside assist
you hardly need one anymore and its not worth the tradeoff of loosing valuable space for an unlikley emergency.

youll more likley run out of gas and you dont carry that arround do ya?
      08-17-2006, 03:56 AM   #32
kevE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F8x

This thread is old people. Stop replying.

LeatherZ Spacesaver fits. Using spare is individual preference, need, circumstance.

Done.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #33
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep
Drives: 07 335i SG

sir yes sir!

now done.
      08-23-2006, 04:58 AM   #34
flipmde786
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Anyone know if the jack supplied with the tool kit works on e90?