BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

01-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #89
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post

Well said. In that case, it could be said, a Lamborghini Gallardo or Audi R8 are just Volkswagens.

Some people do not have a habbit of reading. Crash and burn is ludicrous. Lexus right now is laughing in the face of people saying this Jewel should sell for the price of GT-R or will fail etc. Like I posted the sales statistics above. 90% of the two year total allocation in Japan is sold. 90 out of 150 in the US are already sold. Only 60 are left which will go on sale next year. 10 will be sold in Canada. At this rate, Lexus will be sold all 500 before the first one rolls out of the factory at the end of the year.

Regarding the price, Lexus is still not selling any of these at a profit and it is very understandable due to these reasons I quoted above in previous post. If one thinks a car with 9 years in research and development as well as state of the art technology and engineering should sell for $80K, that is simply ludicrous and only 500 to be made. They did not cut corners on a single thing. Not one! With only 500 to be made, this is a technological marvel that deserves to sell for what Lexus can best get to recover some of their R&D costs:

Technology marvel? Yawn. Give it up. Its a freakin boutique car. It's price and low production numbers make it a joke. Do you honestly think Toyota started this project to lose money? Really.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #90
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

No one is speaking to your ignorant thick mind right now. You seriously don't realize how silly that sounds. Let the mature people objectively talk here. You keep believing what you want to. I could not care less. I was talking to graider. Thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Technology marvel? Yawn. Give it up. Its a freakin boutique car. It's price and low production numbers make it a joke. Do you honestly think Toyota started this project to lose money? Really.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #91
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
No one is speaking to your ignorant thick mind right now. You seriously don't realize how silly that sounds. Let the mature people objectively talk here. You keep believing what you want to. I could not care less. I was talking to graider. Thanks for playing.
Mature people? Count yourself out. Please explain how this car is anything more than a boutique vehicle(ie low production, ridiculously priced, impossible to get)? The car ended up being nothing more than an engineering exercise that'll will be collecting dust in people like Jay Lenos car warehouse.
And this is an open thread. So if you want to restrict your conversation to one person I suggest PM'ing.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor

Last edited by 991GT3; 01-23-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #92
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
The car is very much a technical and marketing exercise to show what Toyota/Lexus can do and give the Lexus brand a new sportier image by growing some teeth and a pair of balls.

The real problem with this car is that at the time the idea was hatched (9 years ago) this car would have been truly remarkable but 9 years on it's simply just impressive among a long line of impressive cars that cost far far less, in some cases 5 times less.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread