THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery How verify dealer has allocation for model year 2015?

06-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

How verify dealer has allocation for model year 2015?

How does one verify a dealer has an allocation/slot rather than just taking their word for it? I know they can enter an order but entering an order does not mean they have an allocation. One could usually confirm their allocation because a production ID would be available right after ordering. However, since model year 2015's won't go into production until sometime in July, how do I confirm a dealer really has a July allocation just because they say they do? I'm trying to prevent a dealer from taking my order then not really having a July allocation for a model year 2015.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

You'll have to get your CA to check their Dealer Availability Report in DCSnet. They should see all of their allocations in there. If they don't want to check it and share it with you, there's no way for you to know.

My understanding is that they don't "enter an order" as much as they "modify an allocation." Even after they do that, it doesn't automatically generate a production number. It could occur that day, the next day, the next week, etc. That's why some people say "I placed an order, but no production number yet!"
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
You'll have to get your CA to check their Dealer Availability Report in DCSnet. They should see all of their allocations in there. If they don't want to check it and share it with you, there's no way for you to know.

My understanding is that they don't "enter an order" as much as they "modify an allocation." Even after they do that, it doesn't automatically generate a production number. It could occur that day, the next day, the next week, etc. That's why some people say "I placed an order, but no production number yet!"
Thanks for the info on the Dealer Availability Report in DCSnet. I'm trying to make sure I don't get caught in the "I placed an order, but no production number yet!" situation simply because the dealer didn't have an allocation when they said they did...which I have heard happens frequently.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me View Post
Thanks for the info on the Dealer Availability Report in DCSnet. I'm trying to make sure I don't get caught in the "I placed an order, but no production number yet!" situation simply because the dealer didn't have an allocation when they said they did...which I have heard happens frequently.
It is easy. Tell your dealer you won't sign or put a deposit until they can provide you with a print out with the production number.

If they have an allocation you can get that on the spot. I had mine within minutes since modifying an allocation literally takes 5 minutes to do. They go to the system and check some boxes and enter a few fields and it is done. There is really no reason to not have a build sheet and production number on the spot unless it is one of two scenarios: dealer is lazy or they don't have an allocation and may try to trade for one.

That's how you avoid the situation you speak of.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
If they have an allocation you can get that on the spot. I had mine within minutes since modifying an allocation literally takes 5 minutes to do. They go to the system and check some boxes and enter a few fields and it is done. There is really no reason to not have a build sheet and production number on the spot unless it is one of two scenarios: dealer is lazy or they don't have an allocation and may try to trade for one.
When my dealer showed me their DAR for the 228/M235, there were some allocations for later production weeks that didn't have production numbers yet. But, like you said, they should be able to modify an allocation on the spot; that's the way it's always been for me.
Appreciate 0