THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Monday Drive in Shenandoah Mountains

06-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Monday Drive in Shenandoah Mountains

Went for a nice 2 night camping trip this week and brought the M235i along for a drive through the mountains. I spend a lot of time riding my motorcycles through this area but never a sports car. Just turned 1200 on my way out to the mountain range so I wanted to see how the Sport + and paddle shifters work. Not too fast as there were other motorist enjoying the day so I tried to keep it to the speed limit most of the time . It helped this route had a 55 mph speed limit with 25 mph rated turns.

Filming lessons learn. Record in landscape mode, turn the radio off or low, and center the camera in car. I normally mount my phone to the left side of the windshield and just use the apps to monitor the car's OBDII readings, or check weather radar, etc.

Last edited by Delnari; 06-10-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Engine sounded great but can't see a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

My apologies on the recording. I will do a better recording on my next visit to the mountains. Just now reviewing my M Laptimer recording of the ride. Hit a maximum of 0.85G on the right insider just after I past the truck on my right. I have the .mpower file if someone wants to review it. Really fun stuff when you can actually review your braking, acceleration, G-Forces, Fuel, RPMs, and Google map view of where your car was at each moment.
Appreciate 0