THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack those who could not get the PSS by default

06-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY14 MG M235i 8-AT

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
those who could not get the PSS by default

...as has already been discussed, alot of peoples 235 build was for the (2PG PSS) tires but order invoice had (2TR A/S RFT) - my dealer said he called the factory and was told PSS was not an option anymore.

my questions is has anyone successfully gotten the dealer to trade these out once the car got to the dealership? or gotten an additional discount because of the mix up?

I really hate to come out of pocket for the tires that were advertised on the car. I know they did the $350 credit for the HK mix up - any news on this situation?

and for those who already came out of pocket for them, will the dealer recode the top end for free if you go there with the PSS?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by soghetto View Post
...as has already been discussed, alot of peoples 235 build was for the (2PG PSS) tires but order invoice had (2TR A/S RFT) - my dealer said he called the factory and was told PSS was not an option anymore.

my questions is has anyone successfully gotten the dealer to trade these out once the car got to the dealership? or gotten an additional discount because of the mix up?

I really hate to come out of pocket for the tires that were advertised on the car. I know they did the $350 credit for the HK mix up - any news on this situation?

and for those who already came out of pocket for them, will the dealer recode the top end for free if you go there with the PSS?
I will wage holy hell if my car shows up with RFTs without prior notification. That is not the car I ordered and I should be eligible to at least have the option of getting my nonrefundable deposit back. If for no other reason than to have some leverage to walk away from the deal if I want to. Problem will be even bigger since I am supposed to be doing PCD. Am I supposed to rent a car and drive down only to not accept delivery? Someone at BMWNA better be ready to make this right.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
what does your invoice show?
[2PG]- these are the PSS that are advertised as default or standard.

otherwise it probably shows:
[2TR] optional - all seasons
[258] optional - runflats

my dealer said he was not able to enter the order with 2PG or leave it blank and try to get whats default, would give an invalid order error. said he called the factory and they advised the 2PG is no longer an option.... placed order late May.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #4
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

Someone is mistaken big time. It's not that PSS are not optional anymore it's that they were never an option. They are standard. They continue to be standard. Check the website. The issue is people placing these orders in the system continue to choose the run flats as an option. I want to say their computer system has a glitch that pushes them in that direction. The solution is not to choose any tires as an option. There should not be any tires listed on the order. That will get you the standard tires. The front windshield is standard not optional that is why it's not listed. Same thing with the tires if you want the standard tires which happened to be the PSS with the top speed limiter, you do not need to specify anything - because it is standard. I think where some of you guys are getting caught up is that you don't check the order carefully that the rep placed for you. If you accept the mistake they make - that is going to be your build… to your original statement the PSS is not an option. It never was, it's always been standard. That is why they can't find it on the list of optional tires. And that's that's why they are reporting it is not optional.

I went through this with two dealers and refused to hand over my deposit until they fixed it. I am now very confident my order is correct with PSS and speed limiter. This is why I feel very passionate about the issue. I think it's crazy that one of the most advanced high-tech companies out there with very smart people in their ranks - all this time still have not figured this out.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
what does your invoice show?
[2PG]- these are the PSS that are advertised as default or standard.

otherwise it probably shows:
[2TR] optional - all seasons
[258] optional - runflats

my dealer said he was not able to enter the order with 2PG or leave it blank and try to get whats default, would give an invalid order error. said he called the factory and they advised the 2PG is no longer an option.... placed order late May.
Where did you place order?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just went out to the BMW website. It clearly states under performance features Michelin super sport performance tires. Read my posts above.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
...as has already been discussed, alot of peoples 235 build was for the (ES2PG PSS) tires but order invoice had (2TR A/S RFT) - my dealer said he called the factory and was told PSS was not an option anymore.
... will the dealer recode the top end for free if you go there with the PSS?
It's a good idea to communicate through e-mail w/dealer so you have a written account. That way if you run into issues you can confirm the dealers said option eliminated and not back-ordered.
A dealer I asked said NO to increasing to top speed if car arrived with the 130-mph restriction.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a speed restricted (130) M235. And if my order is changed to the lower speed I would not accept it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There are two issues even if they swap tires one is the top speed limiter and the second is they are staggered!!……
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmTwo35 View Post
Someone is mistaken big time. It's not that PSS are not optional anymore it's that they were never an option. They are standard. They continue to be standard. Check the website.

I agree to all of this. I'm not debating this, this is all fact.

The issue is people placing these orders in the system continue to choose the run flats as an option. I want to say their computer system has a glitch that pushes them in that direction. The solution is not to choose any tires as an option. There should not be any tires listed on the order. That will get you the standard tires.

from my previous post, dealer tried that and system gave him an invalid order message.... would NOT let him order without picking something. so he called the factory and was told, the default specification was "no longer an option" - I understand this is a standard feature, but its how it was told to me.

The front windshield is standard not optional that is why it's not listed. Same thing with the tires if you want the standard tires which happened to be the PSS with the top speed limiter, you do not need to specify anything - because it is standard. I think where some of you guys are getting caught up is that you don't check the order carefully that the rep placed for you. If you accept the mistake they make - that is going to be your build…

I caught the mistake and emailed my guy after researching here....

to your original statement the PSS is not an option. It never was, it's always been standard. That is why they can't find it on the list of optional tires. And that's that's why they are reporting it is not optional.

agreed - but what can I do about it? I have seen plenty others in the same boat, even walking away from dealerships over this.

I went through this with two dealers and refused to hand over my deposit until they fixed it. I am now very confident my order is correct with PSS and speed limiter. This is why I feel very passionate about the issue. I think it's crazy that one of the most advanced high-tech companies out there with very smart people in their ranks - all this time still have not figured this out.
literally the last build slot for a 2014 from this dealer when 2 other dealers said id have to wait on a 2015 so i pulled the trigger. Car is not set for production until the end of the month, maybe I can revisit this with him in person.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
literally the last build slot for a 2014 from this dealer when 2 other dealers said id have to wait on a 2015 so i pulled the trigger. Car is not set for production until the end of the month, maybe I can revisit this with him in person.
Until you get a production number you can make all kinds of changes. This should not be excluded. All they need to do is remove the two 2TR and the runflat code.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
It's a good idea to communicate through e-mail w/dealer so you have a written account. That way if you run into issues you can confirm the dealers said option eliminated and not back-ordered.
A dealer I asked said NO to increasing to top speed if car arrived with the 130-mph restriction.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a speed restricted (130) M235. And if my order is changed to the lower speed I would not accept it.
i just double checked my email string now....
i told him that others were having the same issue and this was quoted from a member that successfully got it resolved....
"the only thing I would like to change is take away the [258] Run Flat Tires with [2TR] all season and ensure I get the [2PG] default summer ones
select no option for tires. Remove run flat and all season options and that's it.....your build sheet, as long as you see nothing related to tires or run flats, should come with the default summer tires that go with the increased top speed limiter of 150."

he replied back with"
"I will make the switch to summer tires if the order had all season ones, need to check tomorrow!"

then he called me the next day to explain that it was not possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #12
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Soghetto, interesting account.
I love the M235 but me personally - and I may not be that well thought out - but if I can't get the kind of super-car top speed that it's 0-60 times elude to, then I'm saving over $10,000 and getting an 2.0 Audi A3 with the same 130 mph top speed.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i just double checked my email string now....
i told him that others were having the same issue and this was quoted from a member that successfully got it resolved....
"the only thing I would like to change is take away the [258] Run Flat Tires with [2TR] all season and ensure I get the [2PG] default summer ones
select no option for tires. Remove run flat and all season options and that's it.....your build sheet, as long as you see nothing related to tires or run flats, should come with the default summer tires that go with the increased top speed limiter of 150."

he replied back with"
"I will make the switch to summer tires if the order had all season ones, need to check tomorrow!"

then he called me the next day to explain that it was not possible.
Speak to the general manager. The general manager knows intimately about the entire situation. He's lying to you. Because they're lazy and afraid to ask upper management questions. He's right it's not possible -the only reason it's not possible is because they don't know how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
soghetto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 m235i  [10.00]
you have convinced me to go in person and talk to the GM... ask them to try again. thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #15
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

I seem to recall someone said that the order has to be deleted and they have to start all over with not choosing anything regarding tires...and that is the only way to go back to the default tire option. I think that worked for another forum member when the dealer could not make the changes you are referring to, to an existing order. In other words, they cannot fix an existing order regarding this tire issue, they have to start over. I could be wrong but I could swear I read this somewhere.

Last edited by disco4me; 06-07-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #16
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me View Post
I seem to recall someone said that the order has to be deleted and they have to start all over with not choosing anything regarding tires...and that is the only way to go back to the default tire option. I think that worked for another forum member when the dealer could not make the changes you are referring to, to an existing order. In other words, they cannot fix an existing order regarding this tire issue, they have to start over. I could be wrong but I could swear I read this somewhere.
You are correct! That is actually how both dealers fixed it for me. Only problem is that first dealer spent so much time arguing and insisting they were correct that I went to another dealer. They had the same issue but it was down to who got it fixed first! In both cases I refused to hand over my deposit check until it was fixed. It's so sad but I had to be very uncharacteristically extremely aggressive with these folks… there are people here having the same issue with the same dealers…
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #17
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

So tell them to re-enter the order and don't select anything regarding tires. From what mm says that will fix it. I've been keeping this is the back of my mind because I will be placing an order in the next week and watching for this.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #18
Lucho13
Private
Peru
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87)

I had the same issue with my order. My car arrived with RFT even when I ordered it otherwise.
Finally, the dealer switched the tires and rims with a M135i they had in stock which had the PSS.
Now I have realized that my top speed may be capped to 130 mph.
Do you guys know if the top speed can be uncapped by the dealer through some coding?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
Ritz42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 & R56

My dealer ordered me All Seasons, and when we caught the mix up it was already in production, so as of right now they have agreed to provide me with Summer tires (not sure if the staggered wheel set up, or simply to go on the wheels that came on the car). Currently I'm awaiting the verdict on my request to have the speed limiter raised back to the proper 155 limit.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #20
jgunnz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz42 View Post
Currently I'm awaiting the verdict on my request to have the speed limiter raised back to the proper 155 limit.
Can this be fixed with an ecu tune?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #21
Ritz42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 & R56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunnz View Post
Can this be fixed with an ecu tune?
From what I've read, yes, but it has to be done before the DME has 10 or so active hours on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #22
jeffclev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i, 2018 X5

For those in the SF Bay Area, I worked with Ron Ryan at Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose. Ordered 2/27. No deposit needed, got exactly what I wanted. He understood the PSS situation perfectly even back then. The "Guru" showing me my car was surprised it did not have RFTs and did not know it was possible to get non-RFTs on any BMW. Bottom line, make sure your sales person understands this situation before placing an order. Now if I could only get my $350 HK credit processed (but that is another story)…
Appreciate 0