E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Adjustable drop links

06-03-2014, 04:40 AM   #1
bjc1973
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e92 335d

Adjustable drop links

Where's the best place to source these from and do you think it's whats needed. i recently done some work on the suspension and fitted coilovers but there's a slight knocking sound when moving off very slow and more noticeable when you first get in the car.after some driving it seems to go quiet.it first started when I dropped the front strut on the passenger side.the paper gasket was worn so I bolted it back up and ordered new gaskets before fitting the coilovers.i expected it to be fine once the new struts and gaskets went on but it's still their.
I checked the drop links and they can be twisted about very easily also whilst the car was up I put a jack under the hub to put suspension under load and the drop link was still tight and the bolts wouldn't just slide out,that's what's leading me to think I need longer drop links.
Appreciate any advice
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
bjc1973
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e92 335d

Just to update.the sound is coming from the rear passenger side and sounds more like a squeak/rubbing noise.thought it was the shock lower mount as they were worn when I replaced the strut.i removed the strut and gently drove the car up the drive and noise was gone.have now fitted new lower rubber mounts and the noise is still there.the noise is only noticeable when you first get into the car after being stood still and gently driving away,once I move off at faster pace the noise cannot be heard.
Hope someone can help
Appreciate 0