E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sirus Retrofit to Built in CIC radio - where to pull sat attenea cable from?

06-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Sirus Retrofit to Built in CIC radio - where to pull sat attenea cable from?

So upgrading to a newer 2011 CIC unit w built in Sirus. While my (2008) is prepped to sat, i believe the attenea cable is in the trunk... i assume i need to plug that into the back of the new CIC unit that has SirrusXM built in?

How should I go about this?
      06-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
So upgrading to a newer 2011 CIC unit w built in Sirus. While my (2008) is prepped to sat, i believe the attenea cable is in the trunk... i assume i need to plug that into the back of the new CIC unit that has SirrusXM built in?

How should I go about this?
Run antenna cable extension from trunk prep to back of CIC; there are 10' and 20' Sat radio antenna extension cables available. You will need Fakra adapters at both ends.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 02:33 AM   #3
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Run antenna cable extension from trunk prep to back of CIC; there are 10' and 20' Sat radio antenna extension cables available. You will need Fakra adapters at both ends.
thanks... is there a preferred route to run the cable... sounds like it could be a bit challenging. Also what are your thoughts on just getting a generic antenna to plug into the back of the radio and keep everything in the dash? (might be an easier install but not sure how good the signal would be?

Also - sorry have another question.. when going to the '11 radio how does BT phone and USB audio work? Will this still work w my MULF2 setup or will i risk losing these w/o a combox added?