E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > any user friendly harness and amp install directions?

05-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

any user friendly harness and amp install directions?

I've searched and read every thread on the forum and internet and all the diyare completely unclear for a beginner. Anyone happen to have or could give a quick basic steps to help add an amp to my individual audio to power 2 sws woofers?

I can hook tthe amp to battery
I have ground wire to ground
But in terms of the connections between technical harness, lci2. And its connectors is unclear. There are 4 color wires on connector 1 bit cannot find confirmation of how they are plugged in?

There is a main output and bass output on lci2?

Do you just need the one set of rca cable (a single left and single right? Or am I supposed to have two pairs? When and if I figure this out I'm going to write an actual helpful diy for the beginner
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep

Nobody lend a hand? Got all wires in the amp. Need to hook to batter and ground which I can do. Can plug into harness. But two thing
1. LCI 2- which output do I use,? Main or bass? I'm doing sws replacements.

2. Other thing I can't see on the digram is the right color wires to plug into the amp.

Last there is no thread showing how you find the wire in logic 7 or Dirac so it will auto shutt and turn on
Thanks a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
I've searched and read every thread on the forum and internet and all the diyare completely unclear for a beginner. Anyone happen to have or could give a quick basic steps to help add an amp to my individual audio to power 2 sws woofers?

I can hook tthe amp to battery
I have ground wire to ground
But in terms of the connections between technical harness, lci2. And its connectors is unclear. There are 4 color wires on connector 1 bit cannot find confirmation of how they are plugged in?

There is a main output and bass output on lci2?

Do you just need the one set of rca cable (a single left and single right? Or am I supposed to have two pairs? When and if I figure this out I'm going to write an actual helpful diy for the beginner
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

You are not going to receive the support that you need in the 3-Series forum just because you have an M3 with EPS. You will have better results -and provide fellow members with valuable information- if you post your questions in the M3 forum.

A link was sent to you showing the OEM remote wire location in the M3: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=49 Connect this wire to LC2i Remote in directly. Do not cut the OEM remote wire, just tap it.

The LC2i instructions were sent in the package; the suggested LC2i settings for the EPS are located in the same link above:

Quote:
- Set the amp gain to minimum and use the LC2i Main output as your gain control.
- set AccuBASS gain to minimum
- set AccuBASS threashold to fully clockwise
I preset your LC2i with Accubass gain at minimum and threashold fully counterclockwise. I suggest to not mess with those.

The harness received includes a wiring diagram. You do not need to know any wiring colors, the harness took care of that. Use the included 4-wire female pigtail as the outputs of your aftermarket amp and plug it into the harness 4-wire male sub connector (connector 1 to connector 1) as shown in the diagram sent to you. That will be the connection between your woofers and your aftermarket amp outputs. Your OEM amp woofer outputs will not be powering anything, they only serve to provide the input voltage to the LC2i explained below.

The 9" 4-wire harness with harness female to LC2i speaker inputs female connector included plugs into the harness LOC connector (connector 3 to connector 3) and to the LC2i speaker inputs. There is no other way to connect that as shown in the diagram. These are the LC2i inputs from the OEM amp woofer outputs.

You need to provide 12V and ground to the LC2i as shown in the LC2i instructions. That is not provided by the harness as stated before.

All this completes all the connections from the OEM amp to the LC2i using the EPS harness.

Install of your aftermarket amp to the LC2i is not supported by the harness order.

Quote:
Nobody lend a hand? Got all wires in the amp. Need to hook to batter and ground which I can do. Can plug into harness. But two thing
1. LCI 2- which output do I use,? Main or bass? I'm doing sws replacements.

2. Other thing I can't see on the digram is the right color wires to plug into the amp.

Last there is no thread showing how you find the wire in logic 7 or Dirac so it will auto shutt and turn on
Thanks a million
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep

[Wow you are a saint. Thank you. I guess I meant wire colors in terms of plugging in the pigtal to the amp right positive and negative a and left positive and negative. But I'm sure I'll figure it out!

QUOTE=Technic;16053226]You are not going to receive the support that you need in the 3-Series forum just because you have an M3 with EPS. You will have better results -and provide fellow members with valuable information- if you post your questions in the M3 forum.

A link was sent to you showing the OEM remote wire location in the M3: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=49 Connect this wire to LC2i Remote in directly. Do not cut the OEM remote wire, just tap it.

The LC2i instructions were sent in the package; the suggested LC2i settings for the EPS are located in the same link above:

I preset your LC2i with Accubass gain at minimum and threashold fully counterclockwise. I suggest to not mess with those.

The harness received includes a wiring diagram. You do not need to know any wiring colors, the harness took care of that. Use the included 4-wire female pigtail as the outputs of your aftermarket amp and plug it into the harness 4-wire male sub connector (connector 1 to connector 1) as shown in the diagram sent to you. That will be the connection between your woofers and your aftermarket amp outputs. Your OEM amp woofer outputs will not be powering anything, they only serve to provide the input voltage to the LC2i explained below.

The 9" 4-wire harness with harness female to LC2i speaker inputs female connector included plugs into the harness LOC connector (connector 3 to connector 3) and to the LC2i speaker inputs. There is no other way to connect that as shown in the diagram. These are the LC2i inputs from the OEM amp woofer outputs.

You need to provide 12V and ground to the LC2i as shown in the LC2i instructions. That is not provided by the harness as stated before.

All this completes all the connections from the OEM amp to the LC2i using the EPS harness.

Install of your aftermarket amp to the LC2i is not supported by the harness order.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep

Clearly I'm slow here but per what you wrote there are no rca cables used?from what you wrote there is only one thing attached to lci2 which is connector 3. Otherwise nothing else in or out of there .

Than my speaker outputs. +-+- on amp. Your saying it doesn't matter which wires of the pigtail go into which slot? Left or right. + or -?
Can't believe this can be so hard. You should put together instructions and just charge money for it!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Clearly I'm slow here but per what you wrote there are no rca cables used?from what you wrote there is only one thing attached to lci2 which is connector 3. Otherwise nothing else in or out of there .

Than my speaker outputs. +-+- on amp. Your saying it doesn't matter which wires of the pigtail go into which slot? Left or right. + or -?
Can't believe this can be so hard. You should put together instructions and just charge money for it!
You need to provide the RCA cables between the LC2i and your aftermarket amp.

Instructions are included, it is just that in your particular case you actually need a physical professional install in your area.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
You need to provide the RCA cables between the LC2i and your aftermarket amp.

Instructions are included, it is just that in your particular case you actually need a physical professional install in your area.
Well I like to learn and can't learn until u dive in!

Thanks for all the help
Appreciate 0