E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > CIC retrofit emulator issue....please help!!

05-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
CIC retrofit emulator issue....please help!!

Hi I recently installed CIC retrofit and coded the car to #0909 and then installed emulator from ebay for the e9x and navi wasn't working right.
The unit would turn on and off and just flash on and off and orange screen would come on ... I removed the emulator thinking it's broken because it was rattling inside and I bypassed the emulator and just left cic running without it and cic is running normally, except for navigation is greyed out.
I got a new emulator from ebay this time intact and no rattling. After installing the emulator the cic went crazy again and it's doing the same thing..
emulator is hooked up correctly and according to the sellers instructions and wires are all rechecked twice by me... I don't know what's wrong. I tried coding car back to #0308 like it was to see if the emulator would work but it didn't.
Currently when I have cic actually on this is how it looks like when music plays

so you can see that everything is greyed out. Then after a while the volume turns off and everything is back and lit up but nothing works and when I press the volume button on the cic everything treys out again and looks like the pic again and radio turns on..

does anyone know what might be the issue and did anyone had this problem before.
please chime in and help!
all input appreciated!!
thanks a lot!
      05-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Bavarian Tech
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
Thats interesting, I have an emulator installed and mine is not working correctly also. I have navigation but no voice commands/guidance ?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896119

Try those steps and see what happens, Report back with results please ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Tech View Post
Thats interesting, I have an emulator installed and mine is not working correctly also. I have navigation but no voice commands/guidance ?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896119

Try those steps and see what happens, Report back with results please ;-)
you know looking at those steps I remember that I only added #0909 into the VO and didn't change nor add anything else... maybe that's my issue, but I don't understand how would it be my issue since without emulator the head unit is running normally, with voice control and everything except for navigation....
      06-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
Bavarian Tech
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbozz View Post
you know looking at those steps I remember that I only added #0909 into the VO and didn't change nor add anything else... maybe that's my issue, but I don't understand how would it be my issue since without emulator the head unit is running normally, with voice control and everything except for navigation....
Thats interesting, you mind posting what your emulator looks like/ how you have it wired
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Tech View Post
Thats interesting, you mind posting what your emulator looks like/ how you have it wired
yea, this is emulator

this is the wiring diagram

and this is the back of my cic which is the same as diagram!!

when coding the navi I added

- $6VA
- flashed a cic with blank .MAN file
- coded the cic

right now after recently adding the $6VA nothing changed
screen still looks like this:

when I take out the emulator it all works fine but no navi....