THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery First time order placed

05-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

First time order placed

Hey Everyone,

I'm coming back to Bimmerpost after a few years away. I'm a long time VW/Audi fan but spent some time in a 2010 135i for about a year before going back to VWs, my most recent was a 2012 Golf R.

Today I finalized my order and put my deposit down for a 2014 Estoril Blue M235i.

The M235i addresses absolutely everything I did not like about my 135i and in my opinion is a huge improvement on it, exterior and interior-wise. The price as built is also about $10k more than my 135i M sport, so rightly so it should be an improvement.

Anyway, here's the specs:

Estoril blue
Black dakota leather
Manual trans
Premium package
Technology package
Harman Kardon
Cold weather package
Driver assistance package
Anti-theft alarm system (I think it's a joke an alarm is optional on a $50k car)

Currently, my dealer is saying they don't have an allocation for the car but will be getting it at the end of the month. I'm a little worried about how much this will lengthen the process, but overall extremely excited to be ordering a car built exactly how I want for the first time.

Last edited by TONYH215; 05-16-2014 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYH215 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm coming back to Bimmerpost after a few years away. I'm a long time VW/Audi fan but spent some time in a 2010 135i for about a year before going back to VWs, my most recent was a 2012 Golf R.

Today I finalized my order and put my deposit down for a 2014 Estoril Blue M235i.

The M235i addresses absolutely everything I did not like about my 135i and in my opinion is a huge improvement on it, exterior and interior-wise. The price as built is also about $10k more than my 135i M sport, so rightly so it should be an improvement.

Estoril blue
Black dakota leather
Manual trans
Premium package
Technology package
Harmon Kardon
Cold weather package
Anti-theft alarm system (I think it's a joke an alarm is optional on a $50k car)

Currently, my dealer is saying they don't have an allocation for the car but will be getting it at the end of the month. I'm a little worried about how much this will lengthen the process, but overall extremely excited to be ordering a car built exactly how I want for the first time.
Awesome congratulations
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:

Estoril blue
Black dakota leather
Manual trans
Premium package
Technology package
Harmon Kardon
Cold weather package
Congrats! Hope you get a production number soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Estoril blue
Black dakota leather
Manual trans
Premium package
Technology package
Harman Kardon
Cold weather package

Hey congrats. i had a production date for last week of May and i ended up making some changes to car cause i thought i had time. Now it pushed my production date to start of June, i was told i should get car Mid July or late
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
Hey congrats. i had a production date for last week of May and i ended up making some changes to car cause i thought i had time. Now it pushed my production date to start of June, i was told i should get car Mid July or late
I'd be happy if that was the time frame I'm looking at. Fingers crossed that it's no longer! I think the worst thing that would happen would be to not be able to get a 2014 and then have to wait for a 2015, pay more for it, and not get the $1k incentive.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'd be happy if that was the time frame I'm looking at. Fingers crossed that it's no longer! I think the worst thing that would happen would be to not be able to get a 2014 and then have to wait for a 2015, pay more for it, and not get the $1k incentive.
agreed, fingers are double crossed. i hate waiting for something you want so bad lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
agreed, fingers are double crossed. i hate waiting for something you want so bad lol
Haha, no kidding! That's the biggest reason this is the first time I'm ordering a car, I'm not sure if I have the patience for it lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #8
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well the dealer called me today and told me they will NOT be getting an allocation for any more 2014 M235is. They were able to find one going into production soon, optioned out almost identically to how I had "ordered", but without the alarm, cold weather package (had heated seats), and driver assistance package. One thing it did have that I did not want at all were the run-flat all season tires. I would've bought it if they had agreed to swap the tires out but they refused.

Luckily I called up the other local dealer, told them my dilemma and they agreed to match the sale price from the other dealer, AND they had 2 allocations. So NOW I am happy again and my order is back on track and I already have my production number.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #9
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I am glad things worked out for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #10
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well the dealer called me today and told me they will NOT be getting an allocation for any more 2014 M235is. They were able to find one going into production soon, optioned out almost identically to how I had "ordered", but without the alarm, cold weather package (had heated seats), and driver assistance package. One thing it did have that I did not want at all were the run-flat all season tires. I would've bought it if they had agreed to swap the tires out but they refused.

Luckily I called up the other local dealer, told them my dilemma and they agreed to match the sale price from the other dealer, AND they had 2 allocations. So NOW I am happy again and my order is back on track and I already have my production number.
wow thats awesome Congrats again. when is your production date?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
wow thats awesome Congrats again. when is your production date?
Thanks! I've been told production will start in June, but I think I'll be calling the number to inquire almost every day. This is about to be the worst wait of my life haha. At least I have time to stack up some mods in the meantime. I'm thinking black kidney grilles, carbon fiber mirror caps, and wheels as far as cosmetics, and juicebox 4 and intake for performance for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I've been told production will start in June, but I think I'll be calling the number to inquire almost every day. This is about to be the worst wait of my life haha. At least I have time to stack up some mods in the meantime. I'm thinking black kidney grilles, carbon fiber mirror caps, and wheels as far as cosmetics, and juicebox 4 and intake for performance for now.
ah so your car will most likely be in production the same time as mine.. truss me i am losing it at the moment i just want my car now. Not sure if im going to do anything to it yet. just want the damn car lol
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #13
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ah so your car will most likely be in production the same time as mine.. truss me i am losing it at the moment i just want my car now. Not sure if im going to do anything to it yet. just want the damn car lol
Haha I think buying mods will help me keep my sanity. I sold my Golf R in March and picked up a Tacoma, having this truck as my only vehicle is driving me nuts. I have a Triumph Thruxton motorcycle as well, but I just listed that for sale too since I don't have time to ride and can't take it to work anymore since I'm always bringing extra tools and what not for work.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Haha I think buying mods will help me keep my sanity. I sold my Golf R in March and picked up a Tacoma, having this truck as my only vehicle is driving me nuts. I have a Triumph Thruxton motorcycle as well, but I just listed that for sale too since I don't have time to ride and can't take it to work anymore since I'm always bringing extra tools and what not for work.
I just sold my G35 coupe and picked up an Nissan Exterra until my car is ready and just sold my R6. i have no time to ride either.

Alll we can hope for is our cars to hurry up lol
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #15
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I just sold my g35 coupe too.. my estimated completion date changed from 5/28 to 5/27!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just sold my G35 coupe and picked up an Nissan Exterra until my car is ready and just sold my R6. i have no time to ride either.

Alll we can hope for is our cars to hurry up lol
Haha, too funny. I JUST put my bike up on craigslist and I'm all in for the M235i.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

I'm waiting on my vehicle as well and thought it would be a good idea to post my vehicle up on Craigslist and Autotrader at a price that no human being would be ridiculous enough to pay just to put it out there...well that plan backfired because I had a guy call me wanting to pay full asking price. I would be stupid to pass up this sale so now I'm stuck for at least a month and a half with no car. Yeah I know...first world problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Well the dealer called me today and told me they will NOT be getting an allocation for any more 2014 M235is.
Told ya so. Glad it all worked out for you, though.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDeeVI View Post
I'm waiting on my vehicle as well and thought it would be a good idea to post my vehicle up on Craigslist and Autotrader at a price that no human being would be ridiculous enough to pay just to put it out there...well that plan backfired because I had a guy call me wanting to pay full asking price. I would be stupid to pass up this sale so now I'm stuck for at least a month and a half with no car. Yeah I know...first world problems.
Haha! That's awesome. My friend is willing to let me borrow his Tahoe should my truck sell, it's pretty sweet, the driver side door doesn't unlock from the outside so I'll get to climb in from the passenger side haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #20
TONYH215
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Told ya so. Glad it all worked out for you, though.
You did indeed. I guess they were thinking I'd settle for something else they can get, or hoping patience was one of my virtues, which it is really not (aside from the whole ordering a car exactly how I want it thing).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You did indeed. I guess they were thinking I'd settle for something else they can get, or hoping patience was one of my virtues, which it is really not (aside from the whole ordering a car exactly how I want it thing).
Hey keep me posted on your Production, i called yesterday and all they could tell me was production was in June. I think both our cars will be done on similar days.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

Quote:

This is why I love these forums. The collective reporting of dealer responses shows you don't have to take any bull from any dealer. Move on and find another one who will treat you right and get you the product you want. Way to go, congrats to you. Enjoy the wait.
Appreciate 0