E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

11-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Dirty Sanchez
Registered
Rep
Drives: Currently shopping.

Going shopping

Hi All,

New poster here, and I'm going to be buying an M3 in Jan. I'm just starting some research and will be looking for an E46 from 02-04. As owners of various years are there any outstanding differences between these 3 years? At what mileage are major maintenance repairs needed? I'm not afraid of a higher mileage vehicle but what should I be on the lookout for when looking at one? And finally, as someone who LOVES to drive, SMG or MT? If anyone has input on something I haven't mentioned I'd appreciate any input you have. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Hey, I'm in Toronto too. And I'm thinking of getting an E46 this year too. I'll be looking for one that has mileage under 50k, under 40k would be even better. I'll be getting MT. I've always wanted to feel the different gears of the M3. Even though Toronto winters are hell, I'll have to drive it in the snow as well. Have you gotten yours yet? Picked one out yet? After you get it, post some pics here. I'm thinking I'll probably be getting one from a dealer since they should have better service and warranties. Do you think prices will rise as summer nears or just keep dropping?
Appreciate 0