E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Best way to connect ends on wiring harness plug replacement?

05-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
mmurray
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Best way to connect ends on wiring harness plug replacement?

Cross-posting from Audio/Video bc I wasn't sure who'd be best to answer my electrical question... it's really an engine issue

While replacing my camshaft position sensor, I snapped the male end on the harness (details and pictures + diagram here).

I think I found a replacement, but now my question is - what's the best way to connect the new plug? I don't think I can drop the new one in and snap on.

Solder and shrink wrap? Bullets? Just want something that will last but is safe for the harness (obviously will disconnect battery before starting). Any help much appreciated!

For context, it's a near impossible part to find - I found a $15 piece off an N54 harness that seems to be the sensor plug. Figured it's worth trying to cut and connect before dropping big money for a whole new harness ($200 used, $400 new). Protip - be gentle with that plug if you're replacing...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post15885992

Completely unrelated, but this marks the first time I've been curious enough to look at what smileys exist:

Appreciate 0