E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > anti-theft alarm system for e90

11-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

anti-theft alarm system for e90

i'm thinking about getting the alarm system for my 335i and was wondering if anybody has purchased this item and if so what do you think about the system? I'm not asking if you think it's worth it or not to install an alarm system but rather if you like the system after having it installed.

My understanding is the car does not come with any "alarm" feature unless this accessory is installed.

Have you had any problems with the system or are there any quirks or other info I should be aware of before installing this item?

Thanks for your help.
      11-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

I have it and am pleased with it. It does exactly what they say it does.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
rje
RJE 335xi E90 Monaco Blue/Lemon, MB C350 White/Blk
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-335xi E90, 07 MDX,11 C350-4

Just got the system Friday. First thing I noticed, I can't open the trunk via keyfob without setting off the alarm. So one member told me to make sure I only press the button for 2 seconds, like one thousand one, one thousand two, then release the button and trunk opens without alarm wailing. The other challenge I have is I haven't figured out how the alarm can arm itself automatically after I disarm it and unlock the car and then do not open any doors. If any doors aren't opened, the doors will lock itself back and the alarm should arm automatically as well. But mine doesn't arm automatically so I have to figure that out or ask the dealer to program it. Other than it is a peace of mind thing for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rje View Post
Just got the system Friday. First thing I noticed, I can't open the trunk via keyfob without setting off the alarm. So one member told me to make sure I only press the button for 2 seconds, like one thousand one, one thousand two, then release the button and trunk opens without alarm wailing. The other challenge I have is I haven't figured out how the alarm can arm itself automatically after I disarm it and unlock the car and then do not open any doors. If any doors aren't opened, the doors will lock itself back and the alarm should arm automatically as well. But mine doesn't arm automatically so I have to figure that out or ask the dealer to program it. Other than it is a peace of mind thing for me.
that's interesting. Did you program it to do that or was that "set from the dealer?" Usually to set off the panic button, you would push and hold the lock button instead of pushing and holding the trunk button. Do you know if that feature can be changed so that you have to push and hold the lock button instead of the trunk button?
      11-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
that's interesting. Did you program it to do that or was that "set from the dealer?" Usually to set off the panic button, you would push and hold the lock button instead of pushing and holding the trunk button. Do you know if that feature can be changed so that you have to push and hold the lock button instead of the trunk button?
My alarm's "panic" button is also the trunk release button held a second or two longer. Every once in a while it reminds me when I hold it too long
Appreciate 0