F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Saturday 328 GT Test Drive
ARMA SPEED

04-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

Saturday 328 GT Test Drive

I visited a dealer today to test drive the 328i xDrive GT. I took out three different units, one with the MSport, one Sport, and a Lux Line unit. I really like the Esteril Blue with MSport the best, but the price on that one is not working as well.

I was impressed with the size and power of the 328. I need to work to see if I can get a better deal.

Two of the units are Demo units:
Mineral Gray, Sport, Nave, Cold Weather, Drive Asst, and prem pkg with 6400 miles, asking price is $45900

Esteril Blue, MSport, Nav, Cold Weather, Drive Asst, and Prem Pkg with 5300 miles, asking price $49900, MSRP $52925.

The MSRP on the two is only $1250 difference, but the asking price is much higher. The dealer said the Mineral Gray was a service car and they are betting credits from BMW to unload the car. The MSport package was a Demo for the GM and they say there are not additional discounts to apply.

The $1000 option credit is applied to these prices according to the deals. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

I don't have much in terms of pricing help… I ordered mine, and paid below invoice with incentives. I love my 328iX GT - Mineral Grey, MSport, pretty well loaded with options.

Good luck with your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcq784 View Post
I don't have much in terms of pricing help… I ordered mine, and paid below invoice with incentives. I love my 328iX GT - Mineral Grey, MSport, pretty well loaded with options.

Good luck with your purchase!
Thanks, I went back to look at the EB, looks different in diff light conditions. Going to call Monday to see what I can work out on that one. I like the M Sport options.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

Yeah, I love the M Sport bit, LOVE the facade over the other options… also, the steering wheel is a huge plus! The footrest, door sills, etc are a nice touch, but less significant in my book.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhon View Post
Esteril Blue, MSport, Nav, Cold Weather, Drive Asst, and Prem Pkg with 5300 miles, asking price $49900, MSRP $52925.

The MSRP on the two is only $1250 difference, but the asking price is much higher. The dealer said the Mineral Gray was a service car and they are betting credits from BMW to unload the car. The MSport package was a Demo for the GM and they say there are not additional discounts to apply.

The $1000 option credit is applied to these prices according to the deals. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian
Personally, I wouldn't touch anything over invoice before incentives for a demo car with $5K+ miles. With it being MSport though, I suppose it's not surprising they are just offering $2K off MSRP.
If you can wait 8 weeks for build/transport and they don't want to make a deal, just order one. I'm sure there are plenty dealers willing to order it at $1500-2000 over invoice before incentives (which is less than what your dealer is asking for that MSport demo), because I seriously doubt many are mowing through their 328GT allocations.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattu View Post
Personally, I wouldn't touch anything over invoice before incentives for a demo car with $5K+ miles. With it being MSport though, I suppose it's not surprising they are just offering $2K off MSRP.
If you can wait 8 weeks for build/transport and they don't want to make a deal, just order one. I'm sure there are plenty dealers willing to order it at $1500-2000 over invoice before incentives (which is less than what your dealer is asking for that MSport demo), because I seriously doubt many are mowing through their 328GT allocations.
Hey Matt-the dealer just called me back this afternoon. There is some BMW money going back to the dealer on that EB demo unit. They dropped to 48k, the dealer I bought my wife's x5 is also doing some searching for me and is going to get back to me on a unit he found in Naples. They are going to sell it to me $250 over invoice, waiting to get a final number on that, although I would need to wait for it to be transported or I would have to go pick it up. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Hi brhon,

I couldn't agree with mattu more; if you have the time, order a car from someone else.

I'm assuming you're dealing with Bavarian, Rochester Hills, Erhard, or Farmington Hills (even Ann Arbor), and they're all the same. Every Detroit area dealer is owned by the Dahm brothers (Eitel or Erhard), and their prices are ludicrous.

After having purchased two new cars from Bavarian, I was SHOCKED to see the prices of other dealers on the identical cars.

Long story short, I've leased my last two BMW's (new, factory ordered) from Steve Thomas BMW (David Aviles) and his pricing will astound you.

He actually quoted me a 335 M Sport lease about a month ago, and his price was OVER $160 less a month than what I what quoted locally!!!

BMW of Rochester Hills even did a courtesy delivery for me of my current car, as that's where I'll have the car maintained, and you pay BMW a destination charge regardless, so where you take delivery is irrelevant.

Bottom line is the prices you are being quoted are just too high, which is typical for this dealer chain.

Expand your search, and you'll reap the financial reward.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhon View Post
Hey Matt-the dealer just called me back this afternoon. There is some BMW money going back to the dealer on that EB demo unit. They dropped to 48k, the dealer I bought my wife's x5 is also doing some searching for me and is going to get back to me on a unit he found in Naples. They are going to sell it to me $250 over invoice, waiting to get a final number on that, although I would need to wait for it to be transported or I would have to go pick it up. Thanks for your input.
$49K ($48K after $1K incentive applied) is still over $400 higher than invoice, but no one here knows what getting the car quickly and working with a local dealer is worth to you.
I will say if the one in Naples is actually new, $250 over invoice (assuming after incentives?) seems pretty good if you like the options it has. Keep in mind with the M-Brakes that car will have summer tires unless the dealer swapped them.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #9
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Hi brhon,

I couldn't agree with mattu more; if you have the time, order a car from someone else.

I'm assuming you're dealing with Bavarian, Rochester Hills, Erhard, or Farmington Hills (even Ann Arbor), and they're all the same. Every Detroit area dealer is owned by the Dahm brothers (Eitel or Erhard), and their prices are ludicrous.

After having purchased two new cars from Bavarian, I was SHOCKED to see the prices of other dealers on the identical cars.

Long story short, I've leased my last two BMW's (new, factory ordered) from Steve Thomas BMW (David Aviles) and his pricing will astound you.

He actually quoted me a 335 M Sport lease about a month ago, and his price was OVER $160 less a month than what I what quoted locally!!!

BMW of Rochester Hills even did a courtesy delivery for me of my current car, as that's where I'll have the car maintained, and you pay BMW a destination charge regardless, so where you take delivery is irrelevant.

Bottom line is the prices you are being quoted are just too high, which is typical for this dealer chain.

Expand your search, and you'll reap the financial reward.
I bought my wife x5 in Grand Blanc-that was a good experience. I have them looking for me as well, because what I want is not in this market. Even at 48k I want more off considering the mileage or the better feeling of knowing who did the "break-in" period. I am sure the car was not driven during break in the way I would baby it.
Appreciate 0