F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Memory Seat Function?
proTUNING Freaks

04-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Memory Seat Function?

Anyone with memory seats have an issue with the memory function.

i.e. I have set it again according to the manual with ignition on, press M and then press 1, hold until light goes out, but it goes back to the original settings. Car just out of dealer and the adjustment was wrong?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone

i.e. I have set it again according to the manual with ignition on, press M and then press 1, hold until light goes out, but it goes back to the original settings. Car just out of dealer and the adjustment was wrong?
Once is set on 1, you have to hold it to get to the set position, hope this helps, probably won't....
      04-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #3
Pablo68
Left the building
Wales
Rep
Drives: Not a diesel.

It's also code to the key the car detected when it was set apparently.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Eccles Ken
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D Min Grey Beige Reg 3/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorroone View Post

This can cause problems. You may very well be having problems with the 2 keys you use. The car will remember the last seat position of the key to lock the door. If you use the second key to open the door it will revert to the seat position last used for that key ie when it last locked the door.

I have this problem with my wife (don't tell her) if I accidentally pick up her key.

In other words we never use the memory function allocated to the numbers at the side of the seat as the key function is, or should be automatic to get you your allocated seat position if you are disciplined about which key you use.

Does this make sense?????
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

I have the setting to change the seat position off in idrive so I hope I don't have this problem as it takes me an age to find the seat position I like
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles Ken View Post
This can cause problems. You may very well be having problems with the 2 keys you use. The car will remember the last seat position of the key to lock the door. If you use the second key to open the door it will revert to the seat position last used for that key ie when it last locked the door.

I have this problem with my wife (don't tell her) if I accidentally pick up her key.

In other words we never use the memory function allocated to the numbers at the side of the seat as the key function is, or should be automatic to get you your allocated seat position if you are disciplined about which key you use.

Does this make sense?????
Quite right what you say although the wife's 120i Sport Plus Edition has optionally specced electric seat adjustment and we only ever use the one key but have her seat position on M1 and mine on M2, so unlock car and before even getting in if we want the other seat position to whatever was last memorised then just press the appropriate memory button, one brief press, no need to hold down and seat and mirrors get on with adjusting themselves....job done!
Appreciate 0