proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Np2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Bsm/Sb

How would you rank the importance of these packages

I have the features itemized below as must gets on my M4. I just cant decide if its worth it to get the Executive package, lighting package, or Drivers assistance plus package. Out of these three packages which one or two are the most important packages and why for daily driving? I would love to see feedback because these three options add up to to $7800 extra and I dont know which ones I may regret not getting if I dont add it now. I know the simple solution is to add all three but some just dont seem worth the money and since I cant physically see the cars with these packages i wanted feedback. Thanks

Black Sapphire Metallic
Sonoma Beige Extended Merino Leather
19" Black Light-Alloy Wheel Double-SpokeStyle 437 M with Mixed Perf. Tires
Adaptive M Suspension
M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration
Moonroof
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Np2014 View Post
Out of these three packages which one or two are the most important packages and why for daily driving?
I don't think anybody can tell you which one really is best, since everybody will have a different preference. I'm getting all three, simply because some of the technology will be required to adjust the coding once I'm taking the car back to Germany... and I don't want to end up paying the amount for certificates to register the car if I can have it as an option which actually adds value for me on not "value" for the registration office.

Be aware that the Driver Assistance Plus automatically adds the Executive Package. So this will not be the "1 out of 3" option but here you'd have to take two.
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
czarmar
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 323i

The Exec Pkg is overpriced, but does include some nice features. From what I've read about the lighting package isn't worth it. The LED lighting isn't miles ahead of the stock Xenons, and American cars don't get the cool headlight technology that is offered in Europe.

1999 323i with 292K miles
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

the only one I would consider is exec. I think drivers assistance is ridiculous and useless, as well as the LED package. although, I think the LED housings look like halogen housings which is why I don't like them

personally I passed on all of those 3 packages as they weren't worth it for me. the only thing I really wanted was HUD, and to me its not worth the money

I also would do more research to understand what enhanced USB is before paying for it. the standard car has streaming audio Bluetooth standard.
      04-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

To me the exec package is a must to others it isnt. I love HUD, can't live without comfort access, pdc, and rear view camera. The included leather seats is nice as well..

Driver Assistance Plus and Lighting package I passed on. The lighting package certainly makes the lights look cooler but thats it ....2k for that is pretty insane to me.
      04-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
To me the exec package is a must to others it isnt. I love HUD, can't live without comfort access, pdc, and rear view camera. The included leather seats is nice as well..

Driver Assistance Plus and Lighting package I passed on. The lighting package certainly makes the lights look cooler but thats it ....2k for that is pretty insane to me.
yea Exec package is a must in my book, HUD is just THAT great I would not order this car without. After driving a 428i with HUD for a few months my dad told me he would not buy another car without it.(Porsche, what are you waiting for?!)

I really want this lighting Package, LEDs look much nicer than the Bi Xenons but 2K is just too much.

As for Driver assistance, I do not see the need for it. Exec package has enough assist features.
      04-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post

Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Optional packages

Exec (for the HUD, Comfort Access & leather) Lighting (not a great value, but LEDs are the future) & surround cameras for me.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
What do you guys think about adaptive suspension? I thought it was a must-have option as well. I do not plan on upgrading my suspension system later on but might get spacers to lower the ride height?