Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Carbon Exhaust

Probably this has been asked already, but searching for "carbon exhaust" did not really help (too many threads about carbon breaks).

From time to time I see the attached picture in the header.
What is this exhaust and how do I get it? By the car color it seems as if it is a part on the M4. Is it also available on the M3 (already)?
Which option do I have to tick if it's not part of the individual program... or is it even standard?

Thanks! (and sorry for the noob question!)
Attached Images

[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Those are just Carbon fiber exhaust tips. They are performance parts that will probably be available to purchase around the time the car launches. They are strictly for looks that cover up the stock exhaust tips, it is not the whole exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
ake
Lieutenant
Rep

Ah, nice. So basically just an attachment to the standard exhaust that I can apply myself once the looks of it gets too boring

Thanks!
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
Ah, nice. So basically just an attachment to the standard exhaust that I can apply myself once the looks of it gets too boring

Thanks!
All images of the M-Performance exhaust shown thus far have been with the carbon fiber tips. However, I am not sure yet if the carbon tips will attach to the standard exhaust (likely not).

The image you showed in your OP is from the M4 Concept.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post

Thanks!
As some have mentioned the tips in the photo are the BMW M Performance carbon fiber tip set. These tips are built to mount to the MPE exhaust, which is a private label system built by Akrapovic for BMW. In our experience with the F10 M5 the factory tips are typically secured with rivets whereas the MPE tips are a clamp style tip. Below is a photo we took of the MPE carbon fiber tip that shows the mounting flange.

05-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
ake
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post
As some have mentioned the tips in the photo are the BMW M Performance carbon fiber tip set. These tips are built to mount to the MPE exhaust, which is a private label system built by Akrapovic for BMW. In our experience with the F10 M5 the factory tips are typically secured with rivets whereas the MPE tips are a clamp style tip. Below is a photo we took of the MPE carbon fiber tip that shows the mounting flange.
Thanks. These look awesome! I think I want these... why is there always something that looks better than the original. I need to stop thinking about after market upgrades!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Andrew, Now that we know the stock tips are clamp on style and not riveted, what are your thoughts on these tips, just sliding on to the stock muffler?

Thanks
D
Appreciate 0