E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bavarian Auto Recycling Inc Experiences?

04-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
Augster
Master Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
Question Bavarian Auto Recycling Inc Experiences?

I'm on the lookout for a pristine "Double Scoop" black dash pad for my E90 but they are hard to come by that's within a reasonable price range (including shipping since I haven't found any locally in the past 6 months). A double scoop dash pad is the key to initiating my iDrive/Nav retrofit.

Bavarian Auto Recycling has several in stock and they do provide a "guarantee" that the dash will be free from dents and significant gouges, but not surface scratches and other blemishes, nor could they provide me with any photographs of the dash panels even if I place an order.

$375+$80 shipping sounds reasonable at first, but after the rep was crystal clear that in his opinion, all dash pads have some sort of visible blemish and scoffed at me when I told him my current dash pad is in perfect condition with nary a scratch.

Thus far, all my experiences with distant auto recyclers is that they will only describe their parts as "good condition" and never go any further to quantify what that actually means, nor provide any further details or assurances that it doesn't have any scratches or other blemishes.

Anywho, it's a long shot but wondering if anyone has had any experience ordering from this company, and hopefully, dash pads.

I really don't want to spend $1,000 for a brand new one from, say ECS Tuning, but I can't just keep waiting indefinitely not knowing when a dash pad that is in impeccable condition will become available.

Last edited by Augster; 04-10-2014 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0