BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
chicagobimmerboy
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Un esotico Italiano ;)

Arrow Bavarian S-class fighter anyone?

Even though I am a BMW fan all across the board I do have a soft spot for some of M-B products, specifically the S63-65. With the recent announcement that the BMW CS will be built I can't help but think that the title of "above the 7-series" will put it in S-class territory. Let's hope an S63 competeing M variant shows up!!! plus if BMW cram the same amount of toys in the CS as M-B do in the S I will be hooked.

What do you guys think the CS will turn into a luxo only saloon or an AMG pounder with a touch of class?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobimmerboy View Post
Even though I am a BMW fan all across the board I do have a soft spot for some of M-B products, specifically the S63-65. With the recent announcement that the BMW CS will be built I can't help but think that the title of "above the 7-series" will put it in S-class territory. Let's hope an S63 competeing M variant shows up!!! plus if BMW cram the same amount of toys in the CS as M-B do in the S I will be hooked.

What do you guys think the CS will turn into a luxo only saloon or an AMG pounder with a touch of class?
I wouldn't say it puts it in the S-class because the 7-series is right now as big if not bigger (the LI) then the S-class and handles better. What it does give up is straightline performance to the AMG variants of the S-class. Even then, the 760 LI is close to the S63.......I think the CS concept is more aimed at competing with the CLS, then the S. Just my .02 though cause I don't work at BMW
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

yes the cs is definatly aimed at the cls the 7 series already takes care of the s class

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
7er > S class.

i love the S class, my dad has one. but his friend has a 7er... omfg. and, shes italian, so she looks bad ass when she drives it. she let me drive it... i creamed myself. it had SO MUCH more personality compared to the S class.

CS is aimed at the CLS for sure. no doubt about it. and i think the CS is going to rip the dick off the CLS and make the CLS eat its own cumm.
      11-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
Leesi
Good Student Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black BMW

CLS has the chasis and everything from E-class except the body. It might cost a little more to build different body but MB can sell the car much more expensive and making profit. So, I guess CLS stays in 5-series range like the E does.

Jet Black color with minor scratches

PM ME!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:10 AM   #6
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
I wouldn't say it puts it in the S-class because the 7-series is right now as big if not bigger (the LI) then the S-class and handles better. What it does give up is straightline performance to the AMG variants of the S-class. Even then, the 760 LI is close to the S63.......I think the CS concept is more aimed at competing with the CLS, then the S. Just my .02 though cause I don't work at BMW
exactly

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
dr.skp.ortho
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 911 Carrera S, F06 M6 GC

the concept CS is designed to be positioned above the 7 series in the BMW model line up. Thus its not a CLS competitor....more likely to compete against AM Rapide and possible Porsche Panamera.
Mercedes C250
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho View Post
the concept CS is designed to be positioned above the 7 series in the BMW model line up. Thus its not a CLS competitor....more likely to compete against AM Rapide and possible Porsche Panamera.
exactly....me and my dad's bmw salesman always tells us that the cs is going to be 95-100 or possibly more and will be aimed at the porsche panamera except it will be bigger and more luxo than the porsche.
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0