E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Metrowerks BMW, Minneapolis

05-31-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i

Thumbs down Metrowerks BMW, Minneapolis

Talk about a chip on their shoulder. It's almost as if they're doing you a favor by selling you a car. Not to mention that they try to screw you on every possible option and accessory. On the E90 they're not budging from MSRP even though I got a ton of accessories. Not to mention all accessories are being charged at MSRP too!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

tell them to go screw themselves and buy your car elsewhere. It's really funny how BMW dealerships work (actually all dealerships) because I thought having business is great. But obviously these morons think differently. They just want to make big bucks and keep the money to themselves.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep

That's the problem - there is a grand total of 2 BMW dealers in the Twin Cities area and they both won't budge from MSRP so I chose the closer one.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

go do a courtesy delivery. or drive to another dealer outside your area.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
34Three
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 6spd, e36, e30

Avoid Motorwerks go to Rochester

Motorwerks Mpls totally sucks! I'm a MN native and they've been that way for years!! I've wasted thousands on their overpriced maintenance before finding good independents.

Try Park Place Motors in Rochester...they may be a little hungrier for the business than Sears or Motorwerks.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
duddym
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC90 V8

Garage List
2007 Vibe  [0.00]
2005 XC90 V8  [0.00]
1955 Starchief  [0.00]
2001 Jetta TDI  [0.00]
2002 A4 Avant  [9.00]
Call me a sadist, but I get great enjoyment knowing that by means of this forum, certain dealerships are going to pay for their ongoing arrogant attitudes and for treating potential customers like crap.

I can't tell you how many times I've walked into an "upscale" car dealership and have been completely ignored and/or just not taken seriously by some arrogant saleperson......apparently because I just don't look like the kind of guy who is prepared to spend some serious coin on an automobile.

I hope these dealers read this forum and realize that by treating just one enthusiast poorly results in them losing dozens of potential sales......they probably have no idea that they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hehehehehe.........I love it!

"there are only three true sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor racing. everything else is just a game......" - ernest hemmingway
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
shinsverk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i 06

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2005 Grand Cherokee  [0.00]
I agree; Motorwerks is not very nice. I have had four sales associates and none of them called me back. I was at the show room looking at a car. The nice lady came over and asked if she could help me. I said "no thanks" I already have one on order." She asked me who I purchased it from. I said "Sears Imports". She looked disappointed in me so I explained how I was in, and I was not helped or called back on my purchase. I assumed she would apologize for the poor service, but she just looked at me as if I was crap because I did not buy the car from them. Sears Imported Autos was very nice to deal with and they treated me very nice. My sales associate is Bruce Campbell, and he was very helpful.

Last edited by shinsverk; 09-01-2006 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #8
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

it's too bad you had a bad experience there,sometimes it's just the wrong CA.You can always ask to speak to someone else, who you might have better rapore with or shop around.You an usually tell in the first few minutes if that CA is someone you want to work with
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
ystress
Rep
Drives: 2006 325 xiT

I have purchased two BMWs from Sears imported and I have received great service before, during and after the sale. I have walked in to Motorwerks on a number of occasions and never received good service. Each time the sales associate came accross as either arrogant or condescending.

Maybe things will change with their brand new building...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
rickmckee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddym
Call me a sadist, but I get great enjoyment knowing that by means of this forum, certain dealerships are going to pay for their ongoing arrogant attitudes and for treating potential customers like crap.

I can't tell you how many times I've walked into an "upscale" car dealership and have been completely ignored and/or just not taken seriously by some arrogant saleperson......apparently because I just don't look like the kind of guy who is prepared to spend some serious coin on an automobile.

I hope these dealers read this forum and realize that by treating just one enthusiast poorly results in them losing dozens of potential sales......they probably have no idea that they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hehehehehe.........I love it!
Just a quick note about Park Place in Rochester... I live here (Roch) and I went in to look at a 325xi in 2003 in jeans, a tshirt, old tennis shoes, and an unshaven face. I was approached by a salesperson and I told him I may be interested in buying a car off the showroom floor. He tried directing me to the used car section! I walked out on him because of his arrogance and told him I would take my business elsewhere. He pretty much blew me off from the start. I went back in a few days later (dressed better because I was on lunch from work) and again this guy approached me. I told him that I would deal with someone who actually deserved my business by treating me with some respect... and I blew him off. I ended up buying my first 325 (the one off the floor) that day totally pissing off the first salesman! I doubt that he even learned anything from his lack of respect. I recently bought my second 325 from Sears without ANY problems. Matt Leibig was very helpful in having the car ready for delivery when I got to the cities. I bought it off the internet and via phone.
I Love my E90! Black Saphire 2006 325i / Black Leather / Burlwood with i-Drive, nav, alarm, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, bi-xenon, splash gaurds. Tinted windows beyond legal limit... It's more beaU-ti-ful that way! All Hail the E90!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #11
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well then I guess my business is going to Sears now.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Look into Performance Center Delivery so you can access the entire nationwide dealer network-there are dealers out there who make $500 over invoice deals all day. At the same time, you can make your car delivery special, and the drive back will be great for engine break-in.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0