F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Just a moan
ARMA SPEED

02-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i M-Sport

Just a moan

Hi

BMW are going to loose my custom after 3 BMWs in a row

My latest car is a f30 328i and it is a great car to drive but I am sick of fighting the technology
1. Connect drive has never worked properly - yes I know it works for others but my car has been to the dealer 6 times in 3 weeks, BMW customer services have tried everything but no use. It just tries then times out and I have given up with it
2. From BMWs own accessories site I ordered the snap in adapter for my iphone 5, it clearly stated on THEIR site it would play media etc... Does it.... No. Dealer won't take it back and I need to return it to BMW at my cost.

Yes this is just a moan but I am just sick of it, why does it not just work!

Aghhhhh
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 320XI Modern Line

Could very easily sue them for false advertising. If you have any lawyers in your social circle. Get them to use their letterhead and send a request to your dealership to take the product back or further action will be taken.

They will shit themselves asap and have 180 degree change in attitude towards you.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep

Update from bmw.... They have passed my issue to Germany...............
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Good luck, and I'm confident your issues will be resolved.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular_joe View Post
Could very easily sue them for false advertising. If you have any lawyers in your social circle. Get them to use their letterhead and send a request to your dealership to take the product back or further action will be taken.

They will shit themselves asap and have 180 degree change in attitude towards you.
Because suing everyone is always the best solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Quote:

In this day and age, with such dishonest practices everywhere, yes.

dL
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I did not say sue them and see it to the end. Just use it as a tool so that they don't f**k around with you. Seems like you like to get bent over... I never allow anyone to waste my time. ESPECIALLY when it was their JOB to do something correctly the first time.

If BMW's website team is a bunch of idiots. Then BMW will pay for it. My time being wasted, and gas milage to get to and from the dealership for no reason.

If I was in OP's shoes I would never have accepted that BS.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL.
Quote:
Quote:

dL
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post

dL
Paranoid much? I'd hate to live in your world where these dishonest practices are everywhere...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep

Another update
1. ConnectedDrive - back to the dealer monday, BMW think there is a setting missing
2. Snap in adapter - BMW dealership say "it should work" and want a look monday

The snap in adapter issues are all over the forums with no clear path forward, I don't want video just audio and I have the adapter xxx8 for iPhone 5, My previous adapter the iphone 4 one worked fine... Just frustrating
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeswarm View Post
Update from bmw.... They have passed my issue to Germany...............
Shame your dealer didn't push for that earlier.

I've found good communications is one of the biggest issues, dealing with any large company like BMW. Once you get to the right people you usually get solutions, certainly the right attention.

I had a problem with the Climate Control in my E91. The dealer escalated the problem to BMW UK, the area Technical Manager got involved. When BMW UK attempted solutions were exhausted they got Germany involved, even directly referenced the A/C designers outside BMW, who analysed data BMW instructed to be collected from the car.

No threats, no throwing the toys out of the pram, just kindly insisting on a solution/explanation of why the issues. BMW grew in my estimation seeing them working at their best. They even sent up a new car from BMW HQ for me to use why they tried to sort my car.

Took a while, as we had to wait for a data logger to be freed up and sent from Germany, but they never messed me about at all, just progressively worked to a solution.

Some would say it should never happen, etc., etc., but sometimes we hit issues which also put BMW on a learning curve.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

Quote:
I did not say sue them and see it to the end. Just use it as a tool so that they don't f**k around with you. Seems like you like to get bent over... I never allow anyone to waste my time. ESPECIALLY when it was their JOB to do something correctly the first time.

If BMW's website team is a bunch of idiots. Then BMW will pay for it. My time being wasted, and gas milage to get to and from the dealership for no reason.

I don't think you understand how suing works.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine
Quote:

I don't think you understand how suing works.
Don't worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #14
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Got it. So then the next time I'm at McDonald's and they forget the damn sauce for the McNuggets AGAIN I'll just pull out my Glock so they know I don't take shit from anybody. It'll be OK though since I won't see it through to the end. Sometimes you just need to demand the respect you're entitled to. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #15
Spartan
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Got it. So then the next time I'm at McDonald's and they forget the damn sauce for the McNuggets AGAIN I'll just pull out my Glock so they know I don't take shit from anybody. It'll be OK though since I won't see it through to the end. Sometimes you just need to demand the respect you're entitled to. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Lol. You gonna threaten to blow up McDonald's?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
regular_joe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Damn. Good on you! Show them who's boss!

Cannot expect good service from a teenager getting paid minimum wage. However, a luxury car brand with adults. There is a higher expectation.
Appreciate 0