Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
docderwood
Rep
Drives: Ordered M3 Vert

M4 Individual

So,

In years past, you couldn't order an M3 with a custom color in the US (well, not with any ease). HAs this changed for the new M3/M4?

thx!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by docderwood View Post
So,

In years past, you couldn't order an M3 with a custom color in the US (well, not with any ease). HAs this changed for the new M3/M4?

thx!
Me thinks you've not been to the right dealer. Look at how many individual M3 colors have been posted here over the years!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by docderwood View Post
So,

thx!
Yes. Thread closed.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Maybe he means at launch. That question still remains IMO
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Maybe he means at launch. That question still remains IMO
Ah yea, that is true.. Would be nice to know since I'm not ordering until they open up custom colors.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

custom colors are available for m3/m4. get something you like boss.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
custom colors are available for m3/m4. get something you like boss.
Do you have confirmation from a dealer or Individual on this or are you just guessing based on past models?

We all know Individual colors WILL be available, the question is WHEN. In 2008-09, it took approx. 7-8 months for the first truly custom color orders from U.S. dealers (i.e. not the designated "Individual" shades, but full color catalog) to be accepted by Individual.

If a similar timeframe will hold for the F8x, then we can safely assume there will be no full Individual in the U.S. until MY '16, with allocations opening up sometime in the fall or winter. (IIRC the E46 took even longer.)

However, it seems no one actually knows what's going on...the official packaging pricing hasn't even been released yet.
      02-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Do you have confirmation from a dealer or Individual on this or are you just guessing based on past models?

We all know Individual colors WILL be available, the question is WHEN. In 2008-09, it took approx. 7-8 months for the first truly custom color orders from U.S. dealers (i.e. not the designated "Individual" shades, but full color catalog) to be accepted by Individual.

If a similar timeframe will hold for the F8x, then we can safely assume there will be no full Individual in the U.S. until MY '16, with allocations opening up sometime in the fall or winter. (IIRC the E46 took even longer.)

However, it seems no one actually knows what's going on...the official packaging pricing hasn't even been released yet.
I'm pretty sure me and my dealer can get a "special exception" :wink: :readbetweenthelines: Don't worry about it.. I'll be sure to post up the results.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

I've been wondering the same thing as I am planning on buying and if spending this amount of money want something special and exactly as I want.

I've been in touch with my sales rep (very knowledgeable enthusiast) and today he updated me that he was able to get a hold of someone higher up in the know. According to him it's 95% looking like a yes for frozen paint options for preorders. He said he will know 100% in the next week or two. Before the news today it seemed to be a no for first deliveries and something available toward the end or the year. According to him now that the 4 series can be ordered with individual paint, this will trickle down to the M.

I've thought hard about this and it's a deal breaker for me. I won't sacrifice on color to save however much time if it comes to that. I know we are looking at over $80k fully optioned with an individual color. If I was leasing and a great deal was available (not happening in the beginning) or buying preowned, I could justify settling for a matte wrap.

Seeing OEM frozen colors is just on another level. No wrap job, even the ones $5k+, can touch it. BMW's price for individual paint is also really reasonable -$5k according to my rep. I've been seeing a frozen black e92 m3 fully modded at my local shop and I've fallen in love with the color. I remember first seeing frozen black on a Maserati GranTurismo MC at the dealer and it was just amazing with the CF accents. Of course if I remember correctly it was a $15k+ option there!

I'll try to keep this updated as I hear more. My sales rep knows I'll gladly put down a deposit the minute he confirms we can order a frozen color. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 02:48 AM   #10
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
I've been wondering the same thing as I am planning on buying and if spending this amount of money want something special and exactly as I want.

I've been in touch with my sales rep (very knowledgeable enthusiast) and today he updated me that he was able to get a hold of someone higher up in the know. According to him it's 95% looking like a yes for frozen paint options for preorders. He said he will know 100% in the next week or two. Before the news today it seemed to be a no for first deliveries and something available toward the end or the year. According to him now that the 4 series can be ordered with individual paint, this will trickle down to the M.

I've thought hard about this and it's a deal breaker for me. I won't sacrifice on color to save however much time if it comes to that. I know we are looking at over $80k fully optioned with an individual color. If I was leasing and a great deal was available (not happening in the beginning) or buying preowned, I could justify settling for a matte wrap.

Seeing OEM frozen colors is just on another level. No wrap job, even the ones $5k+, can touch it. BMW's price for individual paint is also really reasonable -$5k according to my rep. I've been seeing a frozen black e92 m3 fully modded at my local shop and I've fallen in love with the color. I remember first seeing frozen black on a Maserati GranTurismo MC at the dealer and it was just amazing with the CF accents. Of course if I remember correctly it was a $15k+ option there!

I'll try to keep this updated as I hear more. My sales rep knows I'll gladly put down a deposit the minute he confirms we can order a frozen color. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Thanks for the info. Great to have authenticated confirmation from BMW, not just people's wishes and speculation.
      02-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

i honestly do not know. I talked to my salesperson and I mentioned that I wanted either FO or VO towards the end of the year and he told me about 5k. I did not ask if they will be available immediately and/or even when I want to consider getting it. But assume it was since he told me the pricing. This would not be the first time they are mis-informed. So to answer you question, i do not have a SOLID CORRECT answer.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Moonstone Met, Tanzanite blue Met, Pyrite brown, Valencia are confirmed by BMW starting in July. I am trying VERY hard to get Fire Orange. Pyrite brown!!WTF
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #13
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
Moonstone Met, Tanzanite blue Met, Pyrite brown, Valencia are confirmed by BMW starting in July. I am trying VERY hard to get Fire Orange. Pyrite brown!!WTF
What a lame selection. Still no red available, yet a second orange was added. Strange. The others couldn't be more boring; Tanzanite and Moonstone are total old man colors. And Pyrite Brown? Is BMW trying to revisit the Byzanz disaster?
      02-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #14
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Where did you get this info? What about interior colors? Amaro brown should an option.. Any news on that
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What a lame selection. Still no red available, yet a second orange was added. Strange. The others couldn't be more boring; Tanzanite and Moonstone are total old man colors. And Pyrite Brown? Is BMW trying to revisit the Byzanz disaster?
Agree completely. I held off on my first E92 until Dakar edition in 2010 and then added another E92 when Fire Orange edition came out last year. I really want a Fire Orange M4. I hope they introduce a better red than Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by messm3 View Post
Where did you get this info? What about interior colors? Amaro brown should an option.. Any news on that
This is Canada orders to clarify.

BMW Canada, Inc.
Pricing Guide M3 and M4
Model Year 2015 Effective March 1, 2014
Suggested Retail Price
© 2014 BMW Canada, Inc. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Prices at date of delivery will apply. Released: 01/14/2014
Local freight and retailer preparation are not included. Retailers may sell for less. 3 of 6
M3 Sedan M4 Coupe
Start of Production 03/2014 03/2014
Base Price $74,000 $75,000
Base Price - European Delivery $74,000 $75,000
Base Price - Diplomat $74,000 $75,000
Non-Metallic STD STD
300 Alpine White x x
Metallic $895 $895
475 Black Sapphire Metallic x x
A29 Silverstone Metallic x x
A96 Mineral White Metallic x x
B39 Mineral Grey Metallic x x
B50 Sakhir Orange Metallic x x
B67 Austin Yellow metallic x x
B68 Yas Marina Blue metallic x x
S34 Azurite Black Metallic x x
(SOP 07/14) (SOP 07/14)
X04 Moonstone Metallic x x
(SOP 07/14) (SOP 07/14)
X10 Tanzanite Blue Metallic x x
(SOP 07/14) (SOP 07/14)
X13 Pyrite Brown Metallic x x
(SOP 07/14) (SOP 07/14)
Upholstery
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #16
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
As VCP said Canada only for now but those extra cost paint colors could be added this summer (see current M5/6 selection on bmwusa.com for ideas.) Amaro brown will not be standard - these are the interior colors we will get for the full model run unless you go Individual.
      02-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
As VCP said Canada only for now but those extra cost paint colors could be added this summer (see current M5/6 selection on bmwusa.com for ideas.) Amaro brown will not be standard - these are the interior colors we will get for the full model run unless you go Individual.

Yeah I've seen it on there.. The reason I'm wondering is because bmw individual released photos of the Amaro brown in the new F80/82 months ago teasing us.. Also pics of the azurite black exterior..I was hoping they would offer the Amaro as an individual option as they do for the M5/6 and not a "true" individual if you understand what I mean..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #18
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Yeah I've seen it on there.. The reason I'm wondering is because bmw individual released photos of the Amaro brown in the new F80/82 months ago teasing us.. Also pics of the azurite black exterior..I was hoping they would offer the Amaro as an individual option as they do for the M5/6 and not a "true" individual if you understand what I mean..
The tease seemed to be part of their campaign to promote Individual overall. If they do formalize availability of other colors like Amaro, they will still be under the Individual program and still cost $5k (a la M5 and others.)
      02-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Good luck with the FO. I'd love to see that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks Bud! If I have to wait until full orders open up so be it. Until then the FO E92 will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Good luck with the FO. I'd love to see that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #21
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
I thought I was reading my own post Hah.. Agree completely.. Doing the same thing as you. Keep me posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
is that standard or Individual color Valencia that is. I want it but don't want to pay 5k for it.
Appreciate 0