E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > GP Thunder sidemarker leds

02-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
ohmohm96
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

GP Thunder sidemarker leds

So i bought side marker leds from e92-lighting.com and i received them 3 weeks later (not the best service). I finally receive them but with school and alot of snow i didn't get time to intall them so its been a month. yesterday i opened them and i was trying to install them but the leds are too long and touch the clear plastic on the outside, as a result i cant twist the back and click it into place. after that i realized the leds are completely different than those GP thunder leds on the e92-lighting website so i contacted them and they said that many people have bought the same leds for the same car (2011 328xi) and had no problem. They stopped replying once i said they look completely different than the once in the picture on the website. Have any of you bought these Leds and do they fit on your e90?? Im not getting mad over $10 leds, but im just upset that e92-lighting screwed me over twice because they also sent me the wrong angel eyes before and i already installed them so i didnt wanna go through taking them out and installing again. Also one AE turns on about a half second earlier than the other on the welcome after pressing the unlock on the key FOB.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 02:59 AM   #2
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

hmm thats no good... ive read stories about them.. thats why i just bought mine from amazon...
      02-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

dude just return them. E92-Lighting is seriously the most pathetic "company" on the planet. It's literally just some idiot selling shit out of his garage.

I once ordered a spoiler from them. He had the high-kick performance spoiler pictured, so that's what I thought I would get. Paid for it, got an order confirmation a few days later, then no shipping confirmation or anything. Like a week later I sent an email asking what the deal was. No response. Then I sent the guy a PM on here. No response.

A few days later, he finally calls me and says that he's out of that spoiler and he has to order a new one to send to me, but he'll have it express shipped or something. I still get no tracking number or anything. A few days go by and I'm like wtf is going on here.

I start posting in the vendor reviews/comments section about how shitty he is and he finally calls me up and is like ok I don't know what happened, but here's what I'm gonna do. If you delete your comments I'll upgrade your spoiler to the high kick version and send it today.

I'm like WTF THAT'S WHAT I ORDERED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

He goes on to say, no you ordered the low-kick version, blah blah blah... even though he had like 18 different angles of the high kick version pictured.

after a lot of arguing, I just say fuck it give me my spoiler, I don't feel like dealing with this.

In the end, he thought he was doing me a favor by "upgrading" me to what I and anyone else would have thought was ordered in the first place.

I finally got the spoiler like 3.5 weeks after I ordered it. The carbon fiber weave was shitty and it was all flimsy. It works, but it's terrible quality.

Don't mean to thread jack, but I thought I'd let you know I went through something similar with the guy. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned or had his website shut down yet. You should add e92-lighting to the title of this thread and I'm sure he'll see it
      02-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
BMDoublYou
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335xi / 08 E82 128i

I ordered a e90 interior LED kit, I was sent the e92 one instead, o well, everything worked and was the same, I just have spare bulbs that go in the e92 rear foot wells, that have no place in an e90. Will not be going there a second time. My apologies to any e92 owner who got an e90 kit and was missing some bulbs.....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #5
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

What a joke, I would take the loss, and find a new seller. I have heard pretty much only bad things about e92-lighting... Will avoid.
      02-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
46m3csl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Agree, this is one guy selling stuff out of his garage not even a company. Two words guys hes sneaky and shadow!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
waruiko420
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 13 AW 335i

Yea I will NOT be buying anything from e92 lighting again...customer service sucks. And when you do get a hold of him, all he says is, "don't worry your package will ship." I ask for a tracking number, his reply is don't worry you'll get it. Never got it....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #8
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Damn, sounds like this company suuuuucks.
Appreciate 0