E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 brake pointers

01-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Jrmend8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
E92 brake pointers

Just finished brakes all around on my 07 e92 and thought I would put up a couple points to help others.

One point was that the clip on the OEM pads that hold the brake sensor in place does not work with aftermarket pads so they do not fit back on as snug as with the OEM pads. Need aftermarket brake sensors as well.

Another point is of you plan on replacing the rubber sleeves for the caliper bolts the longer ones in the front calipers are a bear to get back in. Needed 3 hands and a small pry bar to constantly keep pressure on the rubber sleeve while prying around the rubber closest to the hole until it gets past the lip that ends up on the back side of the caliper.

Lastly when putting the lower rear caliper bolts in the lower control arm is in the way so a 3/8th's swivel is hugely helpful when trying to thread the bolt back in place.
Appreciate 0