E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > uneven car !

01-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Centreexit
Rep
Drives: 318d m spec

uneven car !

HELP !
I'm at the point of selling the car, I have a 2007 318d m sport with 93 thousand miles and have a a issue with it for a few months now that is seriously annoying me. It sits a good 15mm lower on the drivers side front. Its had a pair of new springs on the front late last year and hasn't sat level since. I've already replaced them thinking they were part of a bad batch but to no avail.
Basically, I'm after suggestions please.
I would really like to put coilovers on it but what with one thing or another its not currently financially viable - kids, xmas etc .
But I'm thinking along the lines of a set of matched aftermarket springs?
quality ones, eibach, would this help?
The car has been thoroughly checked over and has no issue with the suspension -no accident damage and has had recent wheel alignment that gave no clue.
Thanks for anyone's suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

Have you checked your shocks? Only thing i can think of is get new shocks and springs that match.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Centreexit
Rep
Drives: 318d m spec

they're ok, will need replacing one day i know but surely they cant have any effect on the actual height ? there's no play in any of the bushings and nothing is bent .
Appreciate 0