E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Columbus guys HELP!!!

11-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Columbus guys HELP!!!

I need a hotel room for next weekend; Thursday or friday - sunday 11/8 or 9 - 11/11. I would prefer for the hotel to be as close to campus as possible. I've called a couple places and they all seemed booked, even though Illinois isn't that good haha, maybe a friend of a friend could help me out.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks!!!

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
technik111
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328i - Delivered 7/24

Did you try hotels.com? You can search Ohio State University to find all the hotels in the campus area.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I do have a friend who works at the Blackwell. I'll email him, but I would list that as a "long shot". Maybe if OSU had 2 losses, but I have a feeling they're booked up pretty much to capacity on football weekends, even for friends and acquaintances of the employees. We'll see though as he has worked some magic before.

I know you remember the scares Illinois has given the Buckeyes before, don't underestimate them! 8)

I'm confused by the dates though, you need Thursday through Sunday or maybe Friday through Sunday and we don't know for sure yet? Or are the dates dependent on whether you get a Hotel or not?

And is it for business, pleasure (going to the game) , or both?

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #4
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
I do have a friend who works at the Blackwell. I'll email him, but I would list that as a "long shot". Maybe if OSU had 2 losses, but I have a feeling they're booked up pretty much to capacity on football weekends, even for friends and acquaintances of the employees. We'll see though as he has worked some magic before.

I know you remember the scares Illinois has given the Buckeyes before, don't underestimate them! 8)

I'm confused by the dates though, you need Thursday through Sunday or maybe Friday through Sunday and we don't know for sure yet? Or are the dates dependent on whether you get a Hotel or not?

And is it for business, pleasure (going to the game) , or both?

-BMW2006
Thanks, I made some reservations at the Days Inn by the fairgrounds. They look kinda dumpy but if you came through with the Blackwell and depending on price I'd def. move over there haha.

As for the dates my Fiancee works for a company CGI, well she works in the Cleveland office but the unit she is a part of with her actual boss is out of the Columbus office on Polaris. So everytime we go to Cbus for a weekend she likes to go down early to work from that office. But one of her co-workers may be coming up to Cleveland on Friday to train her and someone else on this new project, but she doesn't know if shes coming or not due to us coming either the 8th or 9th haha.

So we're coming for business and pleasure. I may even try to stop at a couple of my clients offices as well but who knows. I offered technik my detailing services for the day but heard no anwser. We're going to try to go to the game too. My cousin is the new owner of too's on high(the bar under national city) and he comes across tickets often.

Well that's my story. Maybe we'll bump into each other at some point this weekend???

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Hey man, haven't heard from my friend yet, but this is his ultra busy season so I guess I'm not too surprised, sorry

If you're down tailgating though we should meet up and throw a few back, I usually go to Teri Russell's tailgate by the baseball diamond. I know people always say their tailgate is the best and this and that. But his has been specifically mentioned in 2 Ohio state books, ("the 100 yard war" and one other one I forget at the moment) which I think means something 8) There are no 50 inch plasmas, and there won't be 5000 people there. Just music, Buckeye fans, and Teri. Who is a bit of a show himself. Pm me your cell if you're interested.

Technik may pass on your detail services, but I could use some help see here...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91217

I'd gladly pay for your time/materials if it's not a huge fix, if it involves a full car deal I don't want to take that much time out of both of our weekends. you know with the Buckeyes and Browns and all( Go Dawgs baby yeah!). Plus you can take it for a no pressure or dealer influenced test drive for a tip ( I know you were looking at 335i coupes for your next bimmer) from the replys though it looks like it's a bit of a pain. Although I think you qualify as a "detailer who doesn't suck" (picus's reply) as I seem to remember your Bimmer looking something like...

I could use a few pointers too. I don't have a garage though, just a car port and limited access to a hose.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
Hey man, haven't heard from my friend yet, but this is his ultra busy season so I guess I'm not too surprised, sorry

If you're down tailgating though we should meet up and throw a few back, I usually go to Teri Russell's tailgate by the baseball diamond. I know people always say their tailgate is the best and this and that. But his has been specifically mentioned in 2 Ohio state books, ("the 100 yard war" and one other one I forget at the moment) which I think means something 8) There are no 50 inch plasmas, and there won't be 5000 people there. Just music, Buckeye fans, and Teri. Who is a bit of a show himself. Pm me your cell if you're interested.

Technik may pass on your detail services, but I could use some help see here...

I'd gladly pay for your time/materials if it's not a huge fix, if it involves a full car deal I don't want to take that much time out of both of our weekends. you know with the Buckeyes and Browns and all( Go Dawgs baby yeah!). Plus you can take it for a no pressure or dealer influenced test drive for a tip ( I know you were looking at 335i coupes for your next bimmer) from the replys though it looks like it's a bit of a pain. Although I think you qualify as a "detailer who doesn't suck" (picus's reply) as I seem to remember your Bimmer looking something like...

I could use a few pointers too. I don't have a garage though, just a car port and limited access to a hose.

-BMW2006
I dunno about the tailgateing yet. I'll have to talk to my group of people and see what their all into, ya know. I can't exactly ditch them, but we'll see.

As for the detailing I'd love to help you out. One question, would you be at all available Friday morning, say 9am??? As mentioned my fiance will be working from her Cbus office which will leave me with little to do all afternoon. I think I'm a trust worthy guy and don't know your work schedule but I'd be willing to work on your car while your at work or whatever you can think of. You could even take my car to the office so that your not without a ride, I wouldn't mind.

I guess that also leaves me to, what is limited access to a hose? Can it spray the entire car off during a wash? All I need is a bucket of warm water and for that hose to at least wet the car and rinse the car, I won't need it for much longer then 45mins tops either.

So fill me in on the situation and hopefully we can work something out.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hey, don't you have a garage at work?? Would they allow me to use the garage they already wash cars in? I would be detailing a BMW at BMWFS, I could even hold a seminar, $5 a head. We can share the profits

BTW, I'll PM you my cell. That way we can talk about this a little easier then going back and forth on here. Call me whenever, the beauty of working for yourself is I have no boss to tell me to not take personal calls

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #8
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hey Chuck, I'm going to need to hear from you by tomorrow afternoon if I'm going to help you out. We're leaving around 7pm and I'll need to know at the latest by 4pm of your plans so that I can pack the necessary supplies.

Hope to hear from you tomorrow....
-Garrett

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0