E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Meyle HD Tie Rods

01-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Meyle HD Tie Rods

Hello Forum!

The last couple of weeks I have been getting all my parts together so I can upgrade to the M3 control arms and tie rods.

I did enough some research and everything pointed Meyle HD tie rods a much better built component. So I ordered a set (left & right) from oembimmerparts.com which had the BEST price and free shipping. So 30 minutes after placing my order I get an email stating:

"I am sorry but meyle has not shipped any of the HD tie rods to the states, We are being told it will be around the 1st of the year."

So I keep looking around online and found that ECS Tuning had the same tie rods but $25 more and no FREE shipping. Placed the order and started to wait... A couple of days pass and I get no confirmation of my order, so I call ECS and they tell me that the left side is on backorder and they have no idea when they will get it. So they just end up shipping out the right side.

Almost having all my components together, I am still missing that 1 left tie rod. So I start researching on the Meyle website and come across a contact person that does the "Technical Support for USA / Canada". I send off an email with my dilema on Friday evening. That same evening I get response back with some possible solutions and companies that I could call to get this part from. Just by this I was EXTREMELY impressed the fact he wrote back.

Long story short I was able to just source the outer tie rod with help from Robert tech support from Meyle Products. Not many manufactures go out of the way to help the end consumer, or at least thats been my experience. Wanted to give 2 thumbs up () to Meyle and the support that he provided.

It will be a DIY weekend!

(Will post pics after the install and component comparison)
Attached Images

Last edited by F06msportmia; 01-13-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

I am pretty sure this is the left side for e90's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted to order from FCPeuro, but they don't have the left side so I found it on amazon for @$16 more after tax.

According to FCP, I think this is Meyles p/n for this part 3160300017. Amazon doesn't come up with that part searching by BMW p/n or their search by model. Had to actually punch in Meyle's p/n to find it and then it doesn't say what car it goes on, but other sites, including FCP has 3160300017 as being the tie rod for the left side of e90's ...at least my model.

I'll find out next week when it's delivered.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

Updated with pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Was it just the tie rod end that was not in stock? Did they have complete rods?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489
Was it just the tie rod end that was not in stock? Did they have complete rods?
What they currently do not have is the entire setup. So the outer and inner. I just settled for the outer part, that's where the difference is anyways with this part. I checked the OEM inner part and it was identical. I could be wrong but at the eye they look the same.

What I can say about the outer is that it's a much beefier construction.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Any install and update?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
I am pretty sure this is the left side for e90's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If still a hard time finding the left complete tie rod, that was the correct part

reference number (BMW P/N):.....235 is the left side ..236 is the right side.
Appreciate 0