F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > PCP Deals on on March deliveries - interest rate?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Eccles Ken
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D Min Grey Beige Reg 3/2014

PCP Deals on on March deliveries - interest rate?

I know there is a general thread on the increase of 3.9% to 4.9 but I have a more specific concern for those of us who have negotiated a deal for March deliveries.

Whilst I have concrete documents on my part ex allowance and my "special allowance" on the order form, clearly there is no mention of finance on the documents as we are weeks from signing this agreement.

Are you absolutely (ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!) sure the dealers backdate the agreement to the 3.9% interest rate in force at the time of the order?
You can see my point I hope. I can't produce the evidence of the 3.9% rate only the date I agreed the order.

I could go back to my friendly dealer but an F30poster experience would be better first of all, as we are all on the same side!

PS We are talking 335D once again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Don't worry. I've got an email of the PDF finance quote showing 3.9% for 1/3/14.
      01-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Eccles Ken
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Rich good for you. My PCP quote was taken over the phone so it's in my writing!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm sure finance details were taken off me. Bank account etc, so it's on the system. I'm guessing they did similar for you.

If nothing else we can rely on forum power... I'm collecting in the first. So, if you collect on the 3rd and have any issues I'll have set the president already.

Edit, miss-read your car bit regarding dates.
      01-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Eccles Ken
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

details definitely not taken from me. It's usual for this to be done when the direct debit is set up. still we have the monthly payment quote.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles Ken View Post
details definitely not taken from me. It's usual for this to be done when the direct debit is set up. still we have the monthly payment quote.
Just had a thought, I changed my order over Christmas. So, there was nobody there to re-do finance. But, this was all done in 2013...

When the we still had finance offers on the BMW page you always had to the end if the following quarter to register the car you ordered in the previous quarter.
      01-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
vikz55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i M-Sport Convertible

I also have a 335d on order for March.
Spoke to the business manager at my dealership today, as I had been asking about the finance documents since before Xmas.
Today she emailed me a copy of the finance agreement we made when I ordered (I assume they have already credit checked you and approved your finance - if this is the case they should have some kind of finance documents there already).
She then sent me a PDF with full finance paperwork with all the monthly payments, GFV and interest rate at 3.9% as agreed when I ordered.

I did ask about adding the HUD, but she advised that as this would change the order, they would have to re-do the finance with the new interest rate of 4.9% and the lower dealer contribution (around £4000, I think she said), which would increase the costs all around.

So in essence, the original finance deal you made will be honoured (just ask for the details in writing and I don't see how they can not oblige). The only issue is that it is probably too late to realistically change your spec unless you accept that the repayments will likely take a significant hit.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz55 View Post
Spoke to the business manager at my dealership today, as I had been asking about the finance documents since before Xmas.
Today she emailed me a copy of the finance agreement we made when I ordered (I assume they have already credit checked you and approved your finance - if this is the case they should have some kind of finance documents there already).
She then sent me a PDF with full finance paperwork with all the monthly payments, GFV and interest rate at 3.9% as agreed when I ordered.

I did ask about adding the HUD, but she advised that as this would change the order, they would have to re-do the finance with the new interest rate of 4.9% and the lower dealer contribution (around £4000, I think she said), which would increase the costs all around.

So in essence, the original finance deal you made will be honoured (just ask for the details in writing and I don't see how they can not oblige). The only issue is that it is probably too late to realistically change your spec unless you accept that the repayments will likely take a significant hit.
You can change your spec right up until it gets locked just before going into build, and they should only add the extra costs. The contribution (bmw) is higher from what is was when you ordered not lower, but the finance rate is up 1%
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz55 View Post

She is wrong the dealer contribution has gone up.. I got a quote on the 3.9 late December.... And when I asked same dealer on jan 2nd.. Now on 4.9 rate payments had gone down by £5 a month....
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
vikz55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i M-Sport Convertible

I was definitely told today that adding the HUD would cost an extra £25 a month or so more overall because of the new APR (on top of the cost of adding the HUD itself). Having said that I didn't go into too much detail as I was only asking how much extra the HUD would be out of interest after being driven to consider it reading posts on this forum!! So maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.
Despite this, to address the OPs original concern, I really can't see BMW going back on their agreed finance deal at 3.9% but I guess it's sensible to ask for the details in writing just to be safe.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #11
dungaboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 123d gone 335d for now

when I enquired about adding something else to an existing order the dealer said I had until the 6th jan due to the finance deadline for 3.9%.....with the higher 4.9% finance together with the price increase I would be about £10 a month worst off over a 4yr term(that's including the extra dealer contribution)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #12
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungaboy View Post
when I enquired about adding something else to an existing order the dealer said I had until the 6th jan due to the finance deadline for 3.9%.....with the higher 4.9% finance together with the price increase I would be about £10 a month worst off over a 4yr term(that's including the extra dealer contribution)
What percentage off car was u getting ? Think ur dealer is not telling the truth... As I say I spoke to same dealer on the 3.9 and again on the 4.9 rates.... And same deal same spec came out £5 cheaper a month on the 4.9 not sure how.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #13
dungaboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 123d gone 335d for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwmjc View Post
What percentage off car was u getting ? Think ur dealer is not telling the truth... As I say I spoke to same dealer on the 3.9 and again on the 4.9 rates.... And same deal same spec came out £5 cheaper a month on the 4.9 not sure how.
On the 3.9% deal I got over 20% off (just) and I calculated a new deal at 21% off with 4.9% over 4yrs
Appreciate 0