F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 428i M Sport Loaner…
ARMA SPEED

12-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

428i M Sport Loaner…

I've inherited a new 428i M Sport loaner for a week, seeing as my new car (see other threads) isn't yet with me…

It seems to have a reasonable spec.. If anybody has any questions etc, post 'em here and I'll see if I can answer them…
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Have to say, I was quite impressed with the 428i M Sport that I have been loaned.

With some reservations.

The engine seems quite spritely and eager enough to pull at bit. I recall being less impressed with this engine when I drove a 3GT with it and it seemed somewhat smoother in the 4 than in the 3GT. I felt it needed working more in the 3GT (maybe this is weight?). To be fair, I have treated this loaner with kid-gloves, so absolutely no launch control stuff..!!!

Compared to the 320d I had, it's a lot quieter around the slow bits, but road noise tends to even it out at Motorway speeds. Speaking of motorway speeds, the engine does not compare on fuel economy, of course. 35mpg in circumstances where my 320d would easily do 55mpg.

The M Sport S-drive spec looks pretty good on the car and (I have to say) it looks far more the coupe with the M Sport S-drive's slightly lower look than I have seen on other versions of the 4.

Inside, it's pretty much the F30 cabin with some tweaks here and there. Some nice. Some less so.

I found the boot to be slightly smaller than the F30, mostly in height. It's a cm or 2 shallower, it seems, because the boot-full I took down with me didn't quite re-pack into the 4's boot.
Appreciate 0