E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > shift paddle retrofit possible?

10-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
gte123v
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

shift paddle retrofit possible?

I'm wondering if it's possible to retrofit the shift paddles onto an steptronic E93 without the paddles? I figure they are just actuating the same relay/switch as the shifter so it should be do-able, but I'm not sure if it's prewired into the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

I heard from my salesman that it was very costly. It is a huge mistake by BMW to even sell the Steptronic without paddle shifters, they should all have it and they should just adjust the total price regardless if the customer likes it or not.

When I went to the dealer back in March and saw the BMWs parked with steptronic and no paddle shifters I was feeling bad for those future ownesr that would eventually own the car. Not having the paddles shifters is uncomprehensible. I know they are only $100 but they should all come standard. Bad marketing approach from BMW to offere them as an option.
Appreciate 0