F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dilemma
ARMA SPEED

12-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Redben
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport X drive (gone)

Dilemma

The car is brilliant. However I have a real problem with not being able to connect my music through the USB interface.

My old M135i was easy peasy, just hook up iPhone to USB and access music menus from the phone.

I have business media and no EBT. Not picked up on any faux pax by the sales chap. After trying to connect either my bb or iPhone with std USB the dealership told me I would need a y cable. No big deal so ordered one and just received it. Still no joy with iPhone unless you use purely aux connection and control from the phone

Question is

Am I being stupid?
Can I post delivery upgrade at all to fix?
Anything else?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

In August or September I had the latest software update on my car and after this my iPod and the wife's iPhone would no longer connect via the USB. Apparently there was a bug for a couple of weeks which caused this. I had another update last month and all is now well.

Maybe you have the same version of software I had and need an update.
Appreciate 0