THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Couple questions on standard features

12-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
puma1552
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 Mustang GT Premium

Couple questions on standard features

Making a comparison spreadsheet for all the cars I'm looking at, and I have a couple holes on my 228i column. Any help appreciated as to whether these features are standard or not.

1) Is full iPod integration standard? I know the car has a USB port, but I want full control through the vehicle's head unit while the iPod charges in the glove box or center console out of sight.
2) Is Bluetooth for phone calls standard? I never thought I'd care for Bluetooth until I got my current car and it's great making and receiving phone calls over the head unit through the car stereo while the phone stays in my pocket.
3) Dual zone climate control standard? I'm sure it is, but I haven't seen anything stating such.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I believe full ipod control is standard. spotify and the like as well as Bluetooth streaming are not.

Bluetooth calling is included just not enhanced Bluetooth for streaming.

Dual climate control standard for front.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
I believe full ipod control is standard. spotify and the like as well as Bluetooth streaming are not.

+1 what he says is correct (based on the order guide).

lol I would hope this would all be standard now. I can't believe I paid $500 on my 128i for iPod and bluetooth (non streaming)
      12-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
M.barnes
Captain
Rep
Drives: 123d

No 228i in the uk brochure but ac is only standard on m235i over here. Part of the comfort pack otherwise
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
puma1552
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
+1 what he says is correct (based on the order guide).

lol I would hope this would all be standard now. I can't believe I paid $500 on my 128i for iPod and bluetooth (non streaming)
Thanks, I see the bluetooth in the ordering guide now but didn't see anything mentioning iPod integration (unless that is indeed the USB connection, I'm use to VW which doesn't use USB but as long as the iPod charges through that in the glovebox and I can control the iPod through the head unit and steering wheel I'm happy, for what it's worth I'd be getting HK audio) and just see automatic climate control, but no mention of dual zone but as far as I know all BMWs have dual zone climate control and all interior pics look to have it.

EDIT: One other question, do you guys think the 228i Msport with the sport seats has lumbar support? It's hard to tell from the ordering guide since it says the 235 gets sport seats and lumbar standard so you would think the 228 with sport seats would get lumbar too, but maybe the 228 sport seats are gimped without lumbar?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Thanks, I see the bluetooth in the ordering guide now but didn't see anything mentioning iPod integration (unless that is indeed the USB connection, I'm use to VW which doesn't use USB but as long as the iPod charges through that in the glovebox and I can control the iPod through the head unit and steering wheel I'm happy, for what it's worth I'd be getting HK audio) and just see automatic climate control, but no mention of dual zone but as far as I know all BMWs have dual zone climate control and all interior pics look to have it.

EDIT: One other question, do you guys think the 228i Msport with the sport seats has lumbar support? It's hard to tell from the ordering guide since it says the 235 gets sport seats and lumbar standard so you would think the 228 with sport seats would get lumbar too, but maybe the 228 sport seats are gimped without lumbar?
It does not. You have to order the premium package to get lumbar support on the 228i. On the m235i, you do not.
Appreciate 0