E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Uhh...help, please. JB4 stage 2 install

12-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i M Sport

Uhh...help, please. JB4 stage 2 install

**POST 4 FOR RESOLUTION**

Ok so I went ahead and started with what I thought was the hard part, the blue and red wires. Easy. I'm actually stumped at the part where I have to connect the 4 sensors.

OK, so as far as I can see there is only ONE out of the four connector bundle things that'll fit perfectly snug and snap into both the TMAP and the MAF Sensor. The other ones however will not. So the instructions state that spacing is designed in such a way where the connectors cannot go to the wrong places.

If this is the case then the one connector that i spoke of will go to the MAF sensor and the connector furthest to the end leaves me with this...

^^The male part goes into to the T-MAP sensor but doesn't click in. Pretty easy to pull out. The female part won't even allow the male end to be inserted fully.

Now if I use the one that's positioned for the MAF sensor both connectors work just fine but then that leaves me with the same issue for the MAF part of it.

Hopefully it makes some kind of sense. I ordered the TYPE B harness and I have the matching TMAP sensor.

Either i'm really dumb or they sent me the wrong harness. I do find it interesting that on the FEMALE connectors it does have the letter "A" on them.

Last edited by J_Vang; 12-02-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Jdub679
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe M Sport

This might be obvious, but have you checked to see you didn't try to plug the connectors in upside down? They will fit that way, but they will not click in.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah I did that. It's a really loose connection. The pins don't touch the holes in the female connector. I'll try it again later.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update

Turns out seller misadvertised it to me as a Type B and it's a Type A harness according to Jon @ BMS.

I saw this FS thread and that's what made me think I was crazy because mine looks exactly like his and he's advertising it as a B when I believe it's an A as well.

^The flat male connector, circled, will go into the Type B described TMAP sensor but it doesn't clip or click in so it can just fall out easily by itself and the female end doesn't plug into the tmap plug at all.

After looking at several other FS threads a true Type B harness has a protruding clip at the end, similar to the one that goes into the MAF on both harnesses. The best way to really know is just to look at the end tip, the one furthest away from the box.

Flat end sensor is type A. Protruding Sensor is Type B. Seems like common sense now but I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake

Just thought i'd post this so that other people don't get confused. I'm not sure why the seller I bought it from would tell me it's a B. Probably an honest mistake, it's not like he knew what car I had but a total bummer, money and time wise.

Last edited by J_Vang; 12-02-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
That would do it lol.
Vang = Hmong?
      12-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yup, I'm hmong. You? I've actually been on here for awhile as sixth_vang. No idea what the admins did to that account.
Appreciate 0