E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Help, clicking noise when turning

11-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Kenu8187
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Help, clicking noise when turning

So when I turn my wheel at lower speeds I notice it clicks. It's several clicks in rapid succession usually within 90 degrees of center. Think parking lot speeds and turning. Coincidentally I did not notice this sound until after my front control arm bushings were replaced about 2 months ago. Car is now at 76k miles,

I saw a similar thread in this but the answer I was looking for was nowhere to be found.

How serious is this, what am I looking at cost wise, and is this something covered under CPO which mine ends in March.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
avaross09
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

How to Fix Clicking Noise When Turning.

(1)Get underneath the front of your car on the side where the clicking noise occurs.

(2)Inspect the outboard CV Joint boot.

(3)If the rubber boot was torn the dirt goes inside and damaged the CV joint that resulted in a clicking sound you heard when turning.

(4)Replace the CV Joint to fix the problem.

(5)Bring your car to a reputable auto repair shop and ask the mechanic to inspect your car and do the necessary repair.

For the front end parts problem, bring your car to a reputable auto repair shop and have a mechanic to inspect your car front end components and have all the necessary repair done at once, because if not this might cause you a very serious accident.
Appreciate 0