E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pre-lci to lci conversion question..

11-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Kyle_Borch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Pre-lci to lci conversion question..

So before I get flamed for not using search, I've used search and am a little confused.
For the conversion I've seen that you need just the m-tech front bumper, hood, and grilles and it's plug and play basics.
But then I've also heard you need things like air ducts, 09 headlights, grid laterals and adapters etc. searching through the forums aswell.
Forgive me if I didn't search deeply enough but if I wanted to take an 06-08 sedan and give it the 09 upgraded m-tech front pieces, what do I truly need?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
bryce-o
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Borch View Post
So before I get flamed for not using search, I've used search and am a little confused.
For the conversion I've seen that you need just the m-tech front bumper, hood, and grilles and it's plug and play basics.
But then I've also heard you need things like air ducts, 09 headlights, grid laterals and adapters etc. searching through the forums aswell.
Forgive me if I didn't search deeply enough but if I wanted to take an 06-08 sedan and give it the 09 upgraded m-tech front pieces, what do I truly need?
off the top of my head:

-hood
-front bumper
-front fenders
-headlights
-adaptive headlight modules
-grills
-splash shield
-various air ducts, bots, etc.

it can be done. worth it? subjective. i'd rather just pop on a m-tech front bumper and be done with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfbro View Post
off the top of my head:

-hood
-front bumper
-front fenders
-headlights
-adaptive headlight modules
-grills
-splash shield
-various air ducts, bots, etc.

it can be done. worth it? subjective. i'd rather just pop on a m-tech front bumper and be done with it.
I wasn't aware that the fenders varied between pre-LCI and LCI models. Are you sure about this?