E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Is it possible to code out an adaptive light error and hide a fault?

11-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
mjleamy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT Monaco, Terra

Is it possible to code out an adaptive light error and hide a fault?

Just as background, I bought a 2006 330xi 6 speed MT about a month ago from a BMW broker. When I looked at it, it had just come in and hadn't been serviced. This was good as I could see all of its defects. Anyways, the adaptive headlights had an error on the dashboard. The dealer said he would fix this, probably with a new control module. Indeed, when I picked the car up, the error symbol was no longer lit up on the dash. I figured he fixed it and didn't really ask what he had to do (my mistake!). Now, as I read the forums about coding out errors, I am left wondering if he didn't fix anything and just removed the warning lamp with a slick code change. Is this possible? How can I check to see if my adaptive lights are actually doing all of their adaptive jobs error-free?

Here are a few pics of the car just for shtis and giggles (my son is pretty excited about the car):

Thanks! Mike
Appreciate 0