E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > How do I find a spoiler and installer?

11-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
smarean
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Question How do I find a spoiler and installer?

I'd like to get a carbon fiber performance rear spoiler for my 2009 e92. I tried ordering a non-OEM one from a vendor to save a little money, but I was not happy with it -- obvious cosmetic flaws in the carbon fiber weave. I returned it. Other vendors said that's to be expected, and I need to get the OEM one if I want it flawless. Can anyone recommend a good place to order the OEM one, or should I just go to the dealer?

Next, I need to install it. Seems like there's tons of people doing it themselves, but knowing me, I won't be happy with it if I do it myself. How do I find a place that can install it? I'm totally new to doing any modifications of any kind. What category of business is this? Body shop? Tuner? How do you look them up? And are there any in the Chicago area, ideally in the west or northwest suburbs, that you'd recommend?

Sorry for such a noob question. I appreciate the help getting started!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
elzarka9
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i M-sport

I got my performance CF spoiler from JGmods. I have a 2011 e92 but I think the spoiler is pre lci and lci but I'm not sure. The product was outstanding and in my eyes was exactly like the oem spoiler. Installation wise I did it myself with the double sided 3m tape and it came out perfect
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

GetBMWParts.com

I recommend doing it yourself, but if you can't, go to A&L in Palatine. Great shop, very reputable (here as well), and great prices.
      11-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
smarean
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Thanks for the A&L reference in Palatine.

Is there any place in the Chicago area where I could go see a non-OEM spoiler before I buy it?
Appreciate 0