E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Anyone in the Buffalo Grove area? Close to it?

10-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Mitchubishievo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS E39 M5 and some race cars

Anyone in the Buffalo Grove area? Close to it?

Greetings all,

I've been lurking on E90/E92 forums for close to a month now, and the bug to switch out of my current car bites harder and harder everyday. If my username isn't obvious enough, I drive an Evo; god knows I love the car, but I hate the "family" I'm connected too....there are too many people who think they are the offspring of god driving/attempting to own this car, and I tired of being grouped with them. I've yet to meet any 335i owners, so I was curious of anyone was in my area? Furthurmore, if anyone would be so kind to let me see how a 335i drives, I'd return the favor with my 350 AWHP, Robispec KW v3'd street machine .

Well that's pretty much it. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/replies to this!

-Mitch

Last edited by Mitchubishievo; 10-23-2007 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
timtech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Mitch,
You should head over to MotorWerks in Barrington. They let me go on a nice long test drive and was able to get the feeling for the car. They also gave me a great price and a quick spot in the order line for my 335xi.

I just sold my Procede or I would have shown you mine. At the moment it's just stock with non-run flats on the 18" sport wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtech View Post
Mitch,
You should head over to MotorWerks in Barrington. They let me go on a nice long test drive and was able to get the feeling for the car. They also gave me a great price and a quick spot in the order line for my 335xi.

I just sold my Procede or I would have shown you mine. At the moment it's just stock with non-run flats on the 18" sport wheels.
just curious, but why did you sell your procede?

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

If you go to MotorWerks, wave as you pass my shop. You'll pass it on Dundee while on your way.
      10-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Mitchubishievo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mitch,

Stock is actually what I was after as far meeting someone. Besides, more and more every day I want this car and to be out of the evo crowd so I figure I should make some good friends here from the get go .
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Mitchubishievo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palella@Industry View Post
If you go to MotorWerks, wave as you pass my shop. You'll pass it on Dundee while on your way.
I'll be coming with Tires to mount on some Volks soon .
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
timtech
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
just curious, but why did you sell your procede?
I sold the Procede for several reasons. The first is when my fuel pump went and I had to take the Procede out. I looked at the install in general. Do I want to keep popping the ECU connectors out of the harness for every oil change, service, etc? They are not meant for that much stress. I feel it would have only been time before my engine warranty would be voided by leaving it in, or stressing the ECU connectors.

When I got my fuel pump back, I see they installed the original part number and not the one listed in the tbs from September so i would have to take it out again.

The second reason was I ordered the V2 harness in the before noon crowd. My card was charged and five weeks went by with no word. The only way to get status was to read every thread in the forced induction section since they were weaved into many topics. As week went by, it was obvious what I meant to them as a customer.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product, it's just not for me.

I'm not a drag racer or dyno snob, so I don't want the highest dyno numbers I can get out of the car. I'm installing a Turbo Tuner tonight since it fits the bill for what I'm looking for today. Easy to remove and fair power gains. The price is right since I'm really waiting to see what places like Dinan, etc will be doing and what shows up as the maxtorque the auto trans can hold.

Being an engineer, I go towards the safe side.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
Ryan.M
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3..E30 325i..72' 2002

Quote:
I sold the Procede for several reasons. The first is when my fuel pump went and I had to take the Procede out. I looked at the install in general. Do I want to keep popping the ECU connectors out of the harness for every oil change, service, etc? They are not meant for that much stress. I feel it would have only been time before my engine warranty would be voided by leaving it in, or stressing the ECU connectors.

When I got my fuel pump back, I see they installed the original part number and not the one listed in the tbs from September so i would have to take it out again.

The second reason was I ordered the V2 harness in the before noon crowd. My card was charged and five weeks went by with no word. The only way to get status was to read every thread in the forced induction section since they were weaved into many topics. As week went by, it was obvious what I meant to them as a customer.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product, it's just not for me.

I'm not a drag racer or dyno snob, so I don't want the highest dyno numbers I can get out of the car. I'm installing a Turbo Tuner tonight since it fits the bill for what I'm looking for today. Easy to remove and fair power gains. The price is right since I'm really waiting to see what places like Dinan, etc will be doing and what shows up as the maxtorque the auto trans can hold.

Being an engineer, I go towards the safe side.
Next time you need service work done go to Patrick BMW and ask for SA Marc. He has many mods done to his E38 7-series and there will be no need to remove your turbo tuner.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
timtech
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Eisenhaus View Post
Next time you need service work done go to Patrick BMW and ask for SA Marc. He has many mods done to his E38 7-series and there will be no need to remove your turbo tuner.
I really shouldn't have been taking it off. I do think that is trying to hide something. With something like the Turbo Tuner, I will be leaving it on all the time.

My tech has been great. I was more worried if a BMW rep wanted to check the car for the failed pump under warranty.

I see Patrick is a Dinan shop so I'm sure I will be there in the next year to have some work done. Thanks for the name.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
BeMyWife330i
DIMA ZMEY
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4 avant

i would let you, if i had a 335i, and i live close by in Des Plaines
      10-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #11
gashero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i A22 sedan streptronic

look like another evo owner swithching to the 335. Welcome to the family, I am just saving my evo for track day nowaday as the 335 is my daily driver. I am in naperville but not stock, if you in the area and want a ride let me know.
      10-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #12
Mitchubishievo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

PMed
Appreciate 0