E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > New guy!! 3.5" tips that fit 335i without removing exhaust flapper

11-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
meshuggener
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e91 LCI

New guy!! 3.5" tips that fit 335i without removing exhaust flapper

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum...I have searched but cant find a website for Dimisia or Cyba or any reputable places that do tips specifically for my car.

I am currently modding a 2010 335i E91 LCI SE in space grey with saddle brown interior and pano roof

I have done tints all round, found some quite rare old school 19" BBS OEM BMW 101 staggered rims and dropped it with an eibach pro kit

The last mod it needs is some bigger exhaust tips. I bought what I thought were perfect tips, 3.5", double layered with a rolled edge, angle cut stainless steel.

However, when I hoisted to put em on... the only way I could get em on there is if I remove the flapper valve as the pipes dont run straight until they are actually INSIDE the stock oem tip.

The new tips I got are way too long before they taper to inlet size, I want them flush and I dont want to fak with the flapper as I like the fact this wagon is a sleeper.

Are there any tips out there that can go on the 335i without disturbing the flapper? 4" is a bit too boy racer for me, I want the car to look as factory styled as possible just tweaked. I could be persuaded to do 3.8" but I cant seem to find any pics to judge

Cheers for the input if anyone has a solution, or pics... I have already learned so much from this forum. Thanks to you guys I got an eibach prokit which dropped the car PERFECTLY, discovered my love for BBS 101s and a general obsession with e91 LCI wagons. Will post pics when she is tipped... it is fakkin GORGEOUS

Last edited by meshuggener; 11-07-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0