E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > FRM3 and LCI tails

11-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92

FRM3 and LCI tails

Hey everyone.

I have a 2010 e92. My Production date is 10/2009.

From my research it looks like certain late models of e92 were equipped with FRM3, and allegedly no coding is necessary for those models when they are retrofitted with LCI tails. However, I have not seen anyone actually confirm that this is indeed true.

Has anyone seen or heard of any posts/locations where anyone has confirmed that FRM3 chips were indeed installed in pre-LCI vehicles AND that those vehicles do not need coding for OEM LCI tails?

Coding isn't easy to obtain where I am, so I want to know what I'm getting into before I install some LCI tails and suffer through hyper flashing and coding errors galore.

Also, any ideas what the real differences are between Euro and US LCI tails? Looks like bulb colors?

Thanks a bunch everyone

Last edited by oldbmwreader; 11-05-2013 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: bad grammar!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
EZ enough to check & be certain - look at the tag on your FRM (behind kick panel under DS dash) to see which version you have.

If FRM3 - then no coding needed for LCI tails. If FRM2 - then you will need to code out all the rear bulb Cold/Warm Checks & Error Reporting to eliminate flickering & hyperflashing as you stated...

Euro tails have amber turns instead of red
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92

Update:

I ordered E92 LCI tails from Tischer and got them installed. They're crisp and gorgeous, definitely will be keeping. I have some questions about what to do next though.

If I turn the car on, I get exactly 4 errors: CCID 116, 125, 134, 136. These are the left and right turn signal and break light failure codes. All lights still work though. There is no flickering either, if I lock/unlock doors, there is no flickering, the red bars light up solid in 1 motion, and dim in 1 motion. Turn signals work, but they hyper flash. Turn Light up is solid coloring, no flickering on those either.

Does an FRM3 still need to be coded in some way after I put in the tail lights? Shouldn't I be able to just yank out the pre-LCI tails, and stick these in and have zero errors and hyperflash? If I do need to code in some way, can you tell me exactly what I need to do so I can begin to look for it?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Just disable all the tail light bulb checks and you're done.
Appreciate 0