E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Right Side AE Not Working

10-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
HoustonTXE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92

Right Side AE Not Working

After hitting this crazy pothole the other day, my right side DRL stopped working. At first I thought that the element broke, so I ordered a new set of lights. After further inspection, I realized that it's not the bulbs, but something else. I haven't had the chance to test it with a volt meter, but all of the connections on the wiring harness look fine. Are there independent fuses for each DRL, or some sort of module that I may have damaged when I hit the pot hole?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
TomE92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Bump

I'm having a similar problem. I don't recall hitting a pothole but a few weeks ago, my dash gave the bulb out error. I checked all bulbs and they seem to have been all lighting up. I had been driving everywhere thinking the bulb was on its way out. It would intermittently give the error then disappear, then reappear as I am driving. This went on for days.

Eventually the bulb stopped lighting up and I went looking for my OEM bulbs. Those plugged in didn't work and checked all bulbs with my driver side AE socket and they all worked. The passenger side AE is not getting any voltage using a multimeter. Driver side is getting approx 12v.

Please help!