E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > High mileage astravan

10-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #1
Benny 318d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 318d M Sport

High mileage astravan

Hello,

Has anyone got any experience of a high mileage Astra van? I am needing a van for work and have come across a local late 2007 1.7cdti sportive with 135000 miles on the clock. The dealer says it has had 1 owner from new with full service history and is wanting 2500 with no vat to be added.

I have done a little searching on the internet but just finding mixed opinions, some saying they go on and on with regular servicing and others saying they can be problematic.

I suppose at the end of the day its all down to how it drives and feels and might be worth a chance at that price as it will be run into the ground so resale isn't a issue.

Anyone know of any problems with these engines or things to look out for on a test drive.

Any help and opinions would be appreciated,

Ben.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Totally luck of the drawer.

We have quite a few for our site guys.

One or 2 are complete lemons, with something failing weekly. Others have been to the moon and back with nothing but standard interval services and tyres.
      10-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Benny 318d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 318d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
Totally luck of the drawer.

We have quite a few for our site guys.

One or 2 are complete lemons, with something failing weekly. Others have been to the moon and back with nothing but standard interval services and tyres.
I suppose it will come down to what it drives like on the test drive, even with full history you can never be sure how its been treated.
Appreciate 0