BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Don't know how this Option got added...

When I built my X5 on the BMW site, an option was added that cost $0, but I don't know how it got added. Here's my build:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902552 (I didn't listed the option here because it was free of charge)

The option that got added was Dynamic Performance Control + Active Role Stabilization. When I re-built the car at the dealer, it didn't show up. The cost was exactly the same as the car that I built at home, but the option wasn't there. I went back on the BMW website to see if it was an option I neglected to click and I couldn't find it.

The dealer said he'll look into it, but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I was thinking it must've been part of a package, like the M Sport. But I'm not sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is DPC + ARS part of a package? Did it show up on anyone else's build?

Z.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
When I built my X5 on the BMW site, an option was added that cost $0, but I don't know how it got added. Here's my build:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902552 (I didn't listed the option here because it was free of charge)

The option that got added was Dynamic Performance Control + Active Role Stabilization. When I re-built the car at the dealer, it didn't show up. The cost was exactly the same as the car that I built at home, but the option wasn't there. I went back on the BMW website to see if it was an option I neglected to click and I couldn't find it.

The dealer said he'll look into it, but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I was thinking it must've been part of a package, like the M Sport. But I'm not sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is DPC + ARS part of a package? Did it show up on anyone else's build?

Z.
DHP does NOT show up when clicked. Website bug. It DEFINITELY costs $4500 in the real world of hard cash and contract law.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
in the real world of hard cash and contract law.
Ha. I like that..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
DHP does NOT show up when clicked. Website bug. It DEFINITELY costs $4500 in the real world of hard cash and contract law.
Do you know why we can't get this package if we have the M Sport Line? Does the M Sport line come with some other sort of dynamic handling options?

Z.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

You can add it with the M Sport line, it is just a bug on the web site that they have never fixed. The dealer can add the option on his order system.
Appreciate 0