E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Custom tune w/ v1.47?

10-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Custom tune w/ v1.47?

Is it possible to take my car with it PROceded and get a custom tune?

I know others w/o piggybacks get tunes and gain about 15whp with the engine running in compliance with the tune/mods...

Is it possible to tune it with the PROcede, or should I leave it alone? I know on Vishnu website it says the ECU can be reprogrammed w/o messing the PROcede up, but does this apply to the dealer doing reprogramming only? Or does it include reprogramming done by tuning shops?

Will it null out the PROcede, do nothing, or work with it?

Thanks for any help.

Please don't flame me and say SEARCH! I am just curious and haven't seen anything relating to this issue, thanks.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Leave it alone; order v2 and wait for it. You won't be disappointed! Just my $0.02.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Only the tuners at vishnu can tune their product. Only the tuners at AA can tune their product. If you have any more questions about tuning piggy backs you aren't reading this clearly. If you live in S. Fl and don't mind making the trip to Miami, go with a custom tune from AA. If you live in Cali near Vishnu go with the Procede. Or you can simply run Procede which has been running relatively well for many many cars with multiple mods and wait for specific maps. Or you can wait for one of the vishnu team to visit your area. Which is very unlikely. The settings you can adjust in V2 are very nice and I think it is a fantastic addition to an already great product. But it is not the same as a real custom tune. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
You Love It
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i, e55

Wasnt this your 2nd post asking the same thing?

I dont understand why you just didnt get a AA xede since your so close to AA. They can give you a custom DP map in person instead of a generic one.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Only the tuners at vishnu can tune their product. Only the tuners at AA can tune their product. If you have any more questions about tuning piggy backs you aren't reading this clearly. If you live in S. Fl and don't mind making the trip to Miami, go with a custom tune from AA. If you live in Cali near Vishnu go with the Procede. Or you can simply run Procede which has been running relatively well for many many cars with multiple mods and wait for specific maps. Or you can wait for one of the vishnu team to visit your area. Which is very unlikely. The settings you can adjust in V2 is very nice and I think it is a fantastic addition to an already great product. But it is not the same as a real custom tune. Good Luck.
Actually, Shiv and Dustin have been to S. FL a couple times in the past 6 months, and they're likely to come back again in the next year or so I'm sure (they kinda like it here )...hint...they usually announce it on this Forum when they're coming in case a few ppl want to get some personal PROcede installs and such. Anyhow though, if you've got PROcede v1.47, then just order and wait for v2...it's like adding another PROcede on top of your PROcede (for an add'l ~ 35-40WHP and TQ on top of v1.47)...just look at leftcoastman's v2 dyno.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89928

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Actually, Shiv and Dustin have been to S. FL a couple times in the past 6 months, and they're likely to come back again in the next year or so I'm sure (they kinda like it here ). Anyhow though, if you've got PROcede v1.47, then just order and wait for v2...it's like adding another PROcede on top of your PROcede (for an add'l ~ 35-40WHP and TQ)...just look at leftcoastman's v2 dyno.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89928
Yea, I saw the dynos.

I was going to go with AA, but even with their custom tune, it didn't match the power of v2. So I am going to get the v1.47 (ordered yesterday) and then upgrade to v2.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Yea, I saw the dynos.

I was going to go with AA, but even with their custom tune, it didn't match the power of v2. So I am going to get the v1.47 (ordered yesterday) and then upgrade to v2.
Good choice, man.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Yea, I saw the dynos.

Welcome to the population of the V2 hopefuls...If your lucky we will get it by Christmas time!!! That would be the best gift that i possibly would want during the holidays....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #9
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good choice, man.
Yea yea yea you bastards! All the rave about PROcede finally won me over. Mainly the work of all the new v2 bustle and reading your posts gator. Be happy you corrupted me

Do you think the PROcede will eliminate my DP CELs?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Welcome to the population of the V2 hopefuls...If your lucky we will get it by Christmas time!!! That would be the best gift that i possibly would want during the holidays....
Thanks! I haven't placed the v2 order yet. I am opting to install and run 1.47 for a little while and then go with v2 after I know its stable...I know it is...just playing it safe.

I will prob order in a month. By then I can expect mine by NEXT christmas

If anyone @vishnu reads this, what is my order status? When's it gunna get shipped? I will do you guys right by not calling you and bugging you, and hope you read this
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yea yea yea you bastards! All the rave about PROcede finally won me over. Mainly the work of all the new v2 bustle and reading your posts gator. Be happy you corrupted me
LOL.

Quote:
Do you think the PROcede will eliminate my DP CELs?
I have no idea; I'm really not a big fan of DPs (although I know they may give you more HP/TQ). I say to really eliminate your DP CELs, eliminate your DPs and go back to your stock DPs; with PROcede v2, you probably won't miss the UR DPs.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #12
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
LOL.

I have no idea; I'm really not a big fan of DPs (although I know they may give you more HP/TQ). I say to really eliminate your DP CELs, eliminate your DPs and go back to your stock DPs; with PROcede v2, you probably won't miss the UR DPs.
How much is the PROcede V2? And how come it's SOOOOO hard to get a reply from this character SHIV? I mean, if he doesn't want to make more money, then I guess he doesn't have to reply back......But I've PM'd him two or three times within the last week or so, and got no answer.......Is this how he treats all his customers or potential customer?

If so, I guess I'll just take my money else where.........Anyone from Vishnu, I hope you're reading this.........Anything to get a response back from anyone from Vishnu, hopefully this mysterious Shiv character..........

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

No, but now to go along with your CEL you will have pretty regular Limp modes.. Welcome to the club!.. Only way to solve CEL problem is to extend the 02 bung. I think Walkedu did it? I am sorry if i am mistaken but everyone has similar problems. Limp modes happen with catless dps and from what i hear Catted dps when you have tunes. Like gator said. You want to get rid of your CEL get rid of your DP. I will be switching back to stock DP pretty soon until there is a proper solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
How much is the PROcede V2? And how come it's SOOOOO hard to get a reply from this character SHIV? I mean, if he doesn't want to make more money, then I guess he doesn't have to reply back......But I've PM'd him two or three times within the last week or so, and got no answer.......Is this how he treats all his customers or potential customer?

If so, I guess I'll just take my money else where.........Anyone from Vishnu, I hope you're reading this.........Anything to get a response back from anyone from Vishnu, hopefully this mysterious Shiv character..........
Have you tried calling and leaving a message or e-mailing them (e-mail addresses on their VishnuTuning Web site)? With everything that's going on in "Vishnu World," don't you think they're a bit busy? No reason to bash...many ppl have recently ordered PROcede v1.47 and v2 from their Web site. As you know, they've got hundreds of customers lined up waiting for v2; either line up at the back of the line or shop elsewhere...it's obviously your choice.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #15
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
No, but now to go along with your CEL you will have pretty regular Limp modes.. Welcome to the club!.. Only way to solve CEL problem is to extend the 02 bung. I think Walkedu did it? I am sorry if i am mistaken but everyone has similar problems. Limp modes happen with catless dps and from what i hear Catted dps when you have tunes. Like gator said. You want to get rid of your CEL get rid of your DP. I will be switching back to stock DP pretty soon until there is a proper solution.
I tried extendng them. Now it says I'm running too lean. But what I am not sure of is if it ran lean to begin with. Should I extend my bunghole more or less?
Appreciate 0