E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Custom tunes

10-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #1
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

Custom tunes

I know the big contenders here in no particular order, are : Procede, JB, TT, and AA Xede.

Personally, on a NEUTRAL (non fanboy) level, I feel for the price, the JB is a great deal.

However I like the features incorporated into the Procede and the customer base it has that pushes Shiv to make updates and maps. Also it is (or at least on the dyno) the strongest of the options.

The problem is, no car is going to be exactly the same and custom tunes are important for us power "perfectionists". I know Shiv started doing custom tunes when he first came out with the xede and procede but right now the only person I know that has a recent custom tune is WalkedU.

I also believe AA is stationed somewhere in Florida.

My question is, will Shiv be offering custom Procede tunes when things settle down a bit, or is it more practical for someone like myself who lives in central Cali to go with another provider in hopes for custom tunes when I make major mods? I just feel the availability of getting custom tunes is priority. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Hard to give a correct answer. If you really want a custom tune you have advantages buying local ( PROcede or AA Xede ).

The question for me is more when you go with the PROcede, do you really need a custom tune ? See the actual dyno chart from leftcoastman, he has DP's and uses a standard map ( I expect ).

I will have a Spearco FMIC and RISS catted DP's with a PROcede V2 standard map and expect that the PROcede will use it's own O2 sensor soon to adjust the AFR exactly where they should be. For me the question is more where are the limits of the car's tranny ? We have very high power output numbers already and some of us start to LOWER the torque to keep everything healthy.

I doubt that the JB2 or SSTT will offer custom tunes.

My 2 cents.

- Eugen
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
stefano7171
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hard to give a correct answer. If you really want a custom tune you have advantages buying local ( PROcede or AA Xede ).

The question for me is more when you go with the PROcede, do you really need a custom tune ? See the actual dyno chart from leftcoastman, he has DP's and uses a standard map ( I expect ).

I will have a Spearco FMIC and RISS catted DP's with a PROcede V2 standard map and expect that the PROcede will use it's own O2 sensor soon to adjust the AFR exactly where they should be. For me the question is more where are the limits of the car's tranny ? We have very high power output numbers already and some of us start to LOWER the torque to keep everything healthy.

I doubt that the JB2 or SSTT will offer custom tunes.

My 2 cents.

- Eugen

+10000000000
      10-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #4
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Eugens got a point if u look at it. You can taper down your torque values for the procede and AA if you want to. WIth the JB and TT, and a heavy right foot, there could be an even faster rate of wear and tear. Of course its subjective but nevertheless a very realistic probability.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

Yeah, my best bet is with the Procede since Shiv is about a 3-4 hour drive from where I live. I just hope when things settle down a little and when he has more time he'll be able to take custom tuning again.
Appreciate 0