E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Double Glazing Rating

10-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Double Glazing Rating

Just wondering any one know when A rated double glazing glass was introduced and for general sale in UK
      10-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
The WER (window energy rating) was introduced in 2005 when the GGF (Glass and Glazing Federation) took over the BFRC (British Fenestration Ratings Council).

I'm not sure whether windows using the ratings were sold in 2005, but they were available in 2006 with the rating.
Attached Images

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks but looks like a dead end in this one.

Checked my windows out and turns out even though on the schedule of work I and the supplier signed its requests A rated windows the fitters back in 2010 fitted C rated ones. Was none the wiser back them as I remember checking with them but had to take their word for it. Only realise now as was ordering new windows for extension and the builder picked up on it as the spacer bars are wrong colour / design for a rated.

Went back to the supplier and they basically turned around and said tough you're lying take me to court what do I care. So looks like I'm stuck with them. Even though I have it written on the schedule of works which they counted signed as acceptance of the order.

Just means my rating is a bit off lets hope building control dont pick up on it . The frames are A rated just no the glass so other option is to change all the glass on existing frames.

arghh. Should have studied trade law would enjoy taking these cowboys apart as had nothing but trouble with their things.

Last edited by magic77; 10-08-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Checked my windows out and turns out even though on the schedule of work I and the supplier signed its requests A rated windows the fitters back in 2010 fitted C rated ones.
Just means my rating is a bit off lets hope building control dont pick up on it . The frames are A rated just no the glass so other option is to change all the glass on existing frames.
PVCU windows then

You paid top dollar for 'A' rated and got 'C', never a shocker when the plastic boys are involved!

You can change the glass to super low 'E', argon (gas) fill the cavity and that will get you the 'A'.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The frames are A rated already checked on the manufactures website so looks like it will be the glass. Irony is this is reputable company so the image is. Turns out the owner is simply a low life thug. When I had an issue with them a while back on fascias he threatened my surveyor and words spoken cant even be listed here.

Might drop a line to Trading Standards but doubt that will get me anywhere